All reviews steam shower get away my boyfriend rose petals swim spa great room nice size light switches boutique hotel road trip mood lighting sound system flat screen enjoyed my stay king bed cl fireplace
Reviewed 28 December 2015

We've stayed here multiple times and thoroughly enjoy each one of our little escape from reality. The environment is relaxing from the moment you step foot onto the property, the rooms are incredibly clean, and the accommodations are luxurious. Our favorite features are the steam shower and Whirlpool: it is pure heaven on earth. If we could live there, we would :)
This hotel, is hands down, the best kept secret in Chicagoland and hope they continue their exceptional efforts to keep this place happy, clean, and friendly. As long as they maintain their superior standards, we are patrons for life!

Room Tip: Be careful that you pick the correct room for your height when it comes to the whirlpool sizes.
  • Stayed: December 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 December 2015 via mobile

My boyfriend & I are from Ohio and planned a week away here at the champagne lodge. reading reviews and looking at pictures didn't even compare to what the room was actually like when we got there! From the polite and helpful staff to our room - we couldn't have left there more satisfied. I am so happy we chose this hotel to get away to. The bed and oversized tub / jacuzzi was absolutely amazing and we enjoyed every second of it! although we were tourists to Illinois, we still couldn't wait to get back to our room to enjoy the rest of our night. At the end of our trip I didn't want to leave the room! everything was simply amazing and exceeded beyond our expectations of what we thought the place would be like. I would definitely recommend this to any couple out there just wanting to get away and enjoy themselves, for a day, or a week like we did ourselves. you won't regret any moment spent here. I'm already looking forward to the next time we both can get a week + off so we can make our return. thank you champagne lodge for such an amazing experience!!

Stayed: December 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 December 2015

My girlfriend and I's birthdays are back to back so we wanted to go someplace special. Picked this place because of the group on deal. We got one of the rooms towards the back (never even heard the highway at all the entire time we were there).

We weren't really prepared for how amazing it was. The enormous King Sized bed is not too hard, not to soft. Perfect for both people to starfish on. There's a ENORMOUS Jacuzzi in the room, a huge walk in shower/steam room with a bunch of different shower heads that spray from all directions. There's even a bidet in the bathroom. Stereo speakers embedded in the walls, even in the shower! TV with a ton of different channels. A very modern steel bowl like sink. Lots of different lights. A electric fireplace that enhances the romance and puts out some decent warmth. They thought of everything you might need in the room too, all the little things. Oh, and everything is controlled with switches and dimmers hidden behind the pillows on the headboard. You don't even have to get up. AND...there are mirrors EVERYWHERE, making the room look huge. Trust me...seeing certain things from certain new angles can really rekindle a romance. Hey, they even gave us a bottle of complimentary champagne when we arrived. Nice. We LOVED it here. No windows, so you can make it midnight anytime, lighting the room with the orange glow of the flickering fireplace. We just holed up in our magic cave for 2 days, only emerging for food and to go to the bookstore. Oh, and the free continental breakfast that was simple but delicious. Fruit was fresh.They even had Poptarts! The muffins and donuts were perfect. I even got to have my Froot Loops.

The whole experience was SO relaxing, the outside world was dreary but we were warm and peaceful. I didn't think of work one time when I was there. Soaking in the bubbling Jacuzzi took away all my aches and pains. There were robes and lots of towels provided for us to lounge in. We felt like a king and queen. Felt so pampered. We noticed when we got into the room that everything was spic and span..all the surfaces sleek and non absorbent (hehe). The only things I noticed that a really picky person might complain about is that some of the heating vents were loose, dusty and a lil rusty from all the steam in the room all the time probably. One of the walls in the bathroom near the floor was pretty scuffed n beat up but I don't care about that kinda stuff at all and you shouldn't either. Because the Champagne Lodge is pure magic. It helped melt away the stress of work and home and helped us rekindle the spark in our relationship. I will be recommending it to all my friends and family, and we will DEFINITELY be back as soon as we can get a few more days off!

• Stayed: December 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Evan M
Reviewed 23 November 2015 via mobile

Let me start off by saying that I'm sure the nameless general manager of this hotel will be rudely responding to my review with excuses and attempts to make my bad experience my fault. As seen with the previous reviews and the general managers responses, that should be more than enough to make you want to stay away from this "luxury" hotel. The stuffy concierge at the front desk who does not even acknowledge a guest upon arrival was a great first impression (sarcasm). My first time ever in a hotel I saw a cockroach, but before I was able to snap a photo it ran underneath the fridge. The room looks like a romantic bungalow but the mildew smell in the shower was a little...off setting. My very first visit to this hotel was nothing but great, this time is was not good at all. From the reception desk to the room, to check out was not enjoyable this time around. I think I've learned my lesson. I do not recommend this hotel.

Stayed: November 2015, travelled on business
16  Thank MatthewOrlov
theclmangt, General Manager at Champagne Lodge and Luxury Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 27 November 2015

We always welcome reviews on TripAdvisor and we take it seriously and pay close attention to, but such a review that is claimless and a lie is not productive for anyone, especially when the same guests post two same reviews.

Hi, my name is Ron Shimony, and I am the nameless General Manager. (That was an interesting comment since nobody contacted me and I am well known around the hotel.)

Unfortunately when people come to our hotel with the mindset to get a free stay and don't get their way they publish a bad review which is far away from the truth. People from all around the world stay with us every year and we are fully booked nearly every night. This is the first time that somebody complained about a cockroach. The guest did not provide any evidence and cockroaches don't survive the in the cold winter of Chicago.

We welcome you to come and visit and spot check our hotel rooms at any time. Thank you for reading.

Reviewed 23 November 2015 via mobile

I am not going to go into too many details, this place has cockroaches, getting to be really broken down, not very clean anymore and the service kinda sucks. Sad, I will not be staying here again, no matter how many promotions on third party sites they do... And that's usually a warning too. If the hotel doesn't have enough of a following on its own and selling itself for half price everywhere.

Stayed: November 2015, travelled on business