“Delicious Cajun Style Seafood!”

Pappadeaux Seafood Kitchen
Ranked #1 of 107 Restaurants in Westmont
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 5 December 2016

Pappadeaux is a favorite. When the Schaumburg location (which is closer to my suburb of residence) closed a few years ago, I was truly sad. However, the Oakbrook/Westmont location is the next best thing. Can you believe that years ago they had an "all you can eat" crab legs offering? Obviously, it proved not to be a cost effective move for Pappadeaux.

I recently visited Pappadeaux during the week day lunch hour. Of course, you are greeted with a hot basket of french bread and butter. My lunch partner and I started with a bowl of andouille sausage & seafood gumbo. I loved mine. I needed a bit of hot sauce, which is to be expected when prepping a dish like this for larger groups--you add your own heat.

My lunch partner didn't care for gumbo. She expected a roux that was closer to a gravy consistency. Although I am not from Louisiana, I am from Mississippi and I grew up eating gumbo prepared by folks born and raised on the coasts of Mississippi, Alabama and Louisiana, and I have to say the gumbo at Pappadeaux is really good.

I had the fried shrimp and catfish fillets with french fries. My lunch partner had the fried crab fingers with fries and the sautéed crab fingers and etouffee. My shrimp was awesome. Catfish was perfect. I was so happy to have a catfish fillet to take home. The fries were fine--not awesome, not bad.

I tried the crab fingers. My lunch partner loved the sautéed crab fingers. She really liked the roux of the sautéed crab finger étouffée.

The wait staff was also solid.

Reviewed 3 December 2016

My husband and I had dinner Pappadeaux for his birthday. Our waiter Al greeted us immediately to tAke our drink order and with fresh out of the oven warm bread. For our appetizer we had the Oysters Duo, which were fresh and delicious. Our main courses were the Chilean Sea Bass & Shrimp Brochettes. Both dishes were outstanding. For dessert we split the Creme Brûlée. Food and service were top notch.

1  Thank Joann F
Reviewed 29 November 2016 via mobile

First time there atmosphere was good large crab legs the shrimp and catfish was a good value for the price the brownie desert was good I would definitely go back.

Reviewed 21 November 2016

Birthday Celebration, wait was about 30 minutes( arrived at 4pm). Food was great, service was great! This place gets super crowded, even if you go early for dinner! Only go if you have Patience!!!1

Reviewed 21 November 2016

I mean really really great - fresh seafood, great bread, good service, nice ambiance - pricey but well worth it.