“Excellent Lebanese food and 5 star service”

Papa Marco's Grill & Kabob
Ranked #1 of 152 Restaurants in Waukegan
Cuisines: Middle Eastern
Reviewed 23 July 2017

The menu is a mix of Lebanese and American (hotdogs and hamburgers). Lunch came with water with lemon juice, hummus and bread, The falafel appetizer was fresh, crisp and best I have tasted. The lamb kebabos came on bed with yellow basmati rice. The lamb was perfectly tenders and spiced with a hint of cinnamon, The veg platter came with tabbouleh, falefel, hummus, babaganoush and bread. The meal came with baklava. All the food was authentic Lebanese. The service was friendly and attentive.

1  Thank ChicagoTrish_D

Reviewed 12 July 2017

The food is terrific here! Service is friendly and quick. My friend from Lebanon told me it tasted like home to her. I am a MIdwestern gal but love this food and this humble spot. Eat there and order more to take home. Worth it!

1  Thank HTSSS
Reviewed 3 July 2017 via mobile

While driving on our way to Wisconsin we were looking for a place to eat after getting through the Chicago traffic. My wife found this place because it had a five star review. It is worth every star. Great food and the owner bends over backwards to serve you. I was debating over 2 different dishes and the owner suggested half and half of each! Wow! The baklava is to die for!!!!

2  Thank drstubb1
Reviewed 5 May 2017

On our way to see Todd Rundgren at the Genesee Theater last night in Waukegan, we tried to go to a number of places, Non-Mexican as we had just been in San Antonio this past weekend.

There was a Filipino buffet place that of course was closed on Wednesdays, then we tried to stop by a Korean place that was no longer in business.

We ended up at Papa Marcos Middle Eastern.

Not that I usually care about a place being uber clean, I noted that this place has to be one of the cleanest restaurants I've ever been in, even the rest rooms, spotless.

We tried both hummus & baba ghanouj. Hummus had pronounce lemon kick. Baba Ghanouj was missing the char I like but none the less was enjoyable.

Mrs Willie & I both had the lamb pita wraps. The wraps are small but tasty.

Owner is omnipresent and all the staff were very attentive.

I'd be curious next time as to how the kabobs or salads are.

1  Thank SweetWillie
Reviewed 22 April 2017 via mobile

Food is excellent price is tops would recommend this place to any one we love this place . We have gone the several time and have never had a bad meal the owner serves and is always there for all you needs