“Ultimate Family Honeymoon!!”
other travellers have booked this property
Bedrooms have quiet air conditioning, iPod players and safes for valuables.
2 bedrooms with tall ceilings, restored original hard wood floors, 2 baths, and modern amenities. View of Punta Uva beach near the end of the private beach path. Beach is great for swimming.
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Very good
Bedrooms have quiet air conditioning, iPod players and safes for valuables.
Recently remodeled, two-story, two-bedroom, two-bath house w/ private beach access.
View of kitchen from eating area. Tables seats up to 8.
Lush tropical gardens and stone pathways surround the house. Ocean is beyond the trees.
View from the kitchen towards the eating area. Ocean is to the right.
Kitchen with new refrigerator, stove, tiles, and appliances.
View from the kitchen, down the path, to the beach.
Bedrooms look over porch towards the ocean. Plenty of storage space and good light.
Upstairs bathroom: 2 sinks, shower/tub, & hot water (not typical in the area).
Screened-in upstairs porch (ocean is to the right). Relax while listening to the waves and jungle.
Upstairs porch and hallways outside of bedrooms. Ocean is to the right.
Private path from the house to Punta Uva beach.
View of Punta Uva beach from the house's private path.
House is well-lit at night for enjoying dinner, drinks, or moonlight swim.
A huge tree on the property that flowers every 5 years.
Tropical garden with many flowers, fruits, and trees.
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Tim B
Zurich, Switzerland
“Ultimate Family Honeymoon!!”
Reviewed 23 August 2014 for a stay in August 2014
person found this review helpful

My wife & I, both single parents of 4 & 6 year old girls, married on August 3rd, 2014. We chose Casa de la Musa because of the 2 bedrooms but at the end it was a perfect accommodation for a myriad of reasons!!
Part of my job is inspecting hotels and vacation properties so any negative comment hereafter reflects only my thoroughness!! Needless to say the question is not IF our family will return but when!!
I had two reservations after inspecting the property. First they advertise and present a photo of a bathtub. When I asked where the stopper was, I was told there is none but you cannot use the tub anyway because of the water!? Second, upon inspecting the kitchen the oven didn`t work and I was asked, well you weren`t planning to use the oven on vacation were you? Well, actually I was! We have two small children and cannot afford restaurants every night.
However, those are the absolute only drawbacks at all!! Everything else exceeded our expectations! Our host Evi even gave us some local travel tips and not just the usual go here or there but opinion that greatly enhanced our vacation!!
My wife and I cannot wait to go again and I would highly recommend it but I don`t want you to book out the space so we can`t get it!!!

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Location, layout, beach accessability, security
Liked least: Bathtub & oven
Your age range 50-64
Recommended for:
Older travelers Families with young children
MLV0123
Baltimore, Maryland
“Perfection.”
Reviewed 13 May 2014 for a stay in May 2014

My wife and I just returned from a week-long stay at this house. We can't imagine a better place to stay near Puerto Viejo. The house is literally steps from the beach; we fell asleep each evening listening to the waves crash against the sand. There's a huge screened-in porch to protect against the plentiful insects in the area, the bedrooms have air conditioning, and the 2nd floor bathroom has hot water. It has been beautifully renovated. Yolanda did a wonderful job of cleaning the house during our stay. Simply wonderful--we hated to leave and can't wait to return next year.

Liked best: The location
Liked least: Nothing
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children
  • Was the property as advertised?
COLZ123
Charlottesville, Virginia
“Would love to stay here again!”
Reviewed 12 May 2014 for a stay in April 2014

I stayed at Casa de la Musa with my husband and children ages 9 and 11. It was perfect for us. We loved hiking to the point and finding fun places to swim on our beach walks. It was nice to have the caretakers on the property and we always felt safe. There are lots a great places to eat near by as well as a small grocery store. We rented bikes from the caretakers to ride to PV, which made it hassle free! We loved playing cards and swinging in the hammocks surrounded by the jungle but so close to the beautiful beach. A group of howler monkeys swung by the place, which was cool to see and hear. Thank you for making your home available for us!

Josh H
“Perfect”
Reviewed 1 May 2014 for a stay in April 2014

My stay at Casa De La Musa was the perfect spot to spend a relaxing honeymoon. Everything was in great shape when we got there, two air conditioned rooms, a fantastic covered porch with a view of the Caribbean, and our own private entrance onto a spectacular beach. The construction is charming, with exposed wood, and a modern bathroom that is a nice balance between the comforts of home and the ruggedness of the CR Caribbean coast. The spot is a short walk from the best restaurants in the area (Jungle Love, Selvin, etc.) and short bike ride or drive from Puerto VIejo OR Manzanillo. The caretakers are fantastic and will make sure you have everything you need. They even arranged tours for us and arranged for a photographer for my wife and I to take wedding photos! If you are looking for a relaxing spot in a stunning location, STAY HERE! YOU WILL LOVE IT!!

Angie M
New Braunfels, Texas
“Very close to a great beach...”
Reviewed 28 January 2014 for a stay in January 2014

We stayed at Casa de la Musa for two weeks. It is extremely close to the beautiful Punta Uva beach. The sound of the surf from the house was awesome! We saw several sloths and monkeys at the house.

The air conditioning in the bedrooms is a big plus at night. It is much warmer near the beach and the heavy vegetation around the house blocks the ocean breeze most of the time. The AC units were quiet and cooled the rooms down very quickly. We only turned them on to sleep.

The caretakers live very close; the two houses almost touch. Yolanda and Carlos are wonderful people with darling children. Our only complaint was the barking of their chained-up dog. He barked during the day and he barked late at night. I understand that for security reasons, it may have been beneficial. We did have people walking by the house regularly on their way to the beach. However, usually the dog just barked at their other puppy. We have dogs at home, so the daytime barking wasn't a big deal. I didn't really like waking up to barking at night, though.

The open layout of the kitchen and dining area was awesome! I loved preparing meals and eating outside with our family.

During our two-week stay, Yolanda cleaned the house and changed the linens twice, which I thought was great. When we rent a house, we like being left to ourselves as much as possible.

I would recommend this house to a friend due to the prime location, but with a mild warning about the dog. For those looking for extreme privacy and quiet, this may not be the best house. For those looking for quick beach access, I would definitely recommend this house.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Close proximity to the wonderful beach
Liked least: barking dogs and lumpy pillows
Travelling group: Young Children
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Families with young children
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing