“Worth. Every. Penny.”
Review of The Shanty

The Shanty
Reserve with OpenTable
The Shanty is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 5 Restaurants in Wadsworth
Price range: USD 1 - USD 20
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 11 November 2018

My fiancee had wanted to try The Shanty for some time, ever since she saw it featured on "Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives". So, for an early birthday gift, I took her this evening. It was, as she told me, the greatest meal she ever ate... and while I ordered something different, I have to admit this restaurant lives up to all the hype.

Make no mistake, this is not cheap eats. But you more than get your money's worth, both in terms of the quality of food served and the attention to detail every employee at this restaurant shows. Servers are constantly monitoring tables, making sure everything is to your satisfaction and refilling drinks before you can even ask them to. This is outstanding customer service.

I'm less daring in terms of my menu, so I stuck to the Shanty burger, which was cooked to perfection and tasted amazing. My fiancee chose the lamb shank, and was so impressed with the presentation that she didn't want to eat it at first, because it was so pretty. When she did, though, she was amazed at how greaseless the lamb was, and that it was fall-off-the-bone tender.

Just because of cost, The Shanty isn't somewhere I'd necessarily go on a regular basis. However, for special events, they have moved to the top of my list, and they've proven beyond a doubt that you more than get what you pay for.

Date of visit: November 2018

Reviewed 9 November 2018

Great food with a new bar area that offers live music I recommend going early to enjoy the bar and then stay late to enjoy a drink with some good music.

Date of visit: June 2018
Reviewed 27 October 2018

Went there for dinner. The place is quite nice, but the dining room was so cold we all had to wear our coats during dinner. Was not impressed with the food. The shrimp dejohngue (sp) was loaded with tomato sauce and that,s all you could taste. Also, because of the cold room with large fans over the tables, the food was cold as soon as it was delivered. Maybe dining in the bar area would have been warmer.

Date of visit: September 2018
1  Thank Ursa2
Reviewed 20 October 2018 via mobile

So we happened upon this when in town for soccer. What a cute place - rustic - great eclectic menu (heavy on burger options). I had the Kobe burger with potato wedges and hubby had the broiled walleye with mashed potatoes. Shared some clam chowder. All the food was good, good service. Would go back.

Date of visit: October 2018
Reviewed 10 October 2018

First time here, went during the week for lunch and it was very good! Hubby and I shared an appetizer of pork shanks, very tender and tasty (one which was on "Diners, Drive-ins and Dives) and then we split a Kobe burger which was done as ordered with wedge fries, also very good. It's a nice menu and you can order anything off it whether it be lunch or dinner and they will separately plate your split order. We just can't eat those big meals anymore and tired of leftovers - it's a "senior" thing!

Service was great, prices reasonable. We'll be back! Good selection of beer too! There's plenty of parking and the place is cozy but spacious with several dining areas.

Date of visit: October 2018