“Good pizza, great chopped salad”
Review of Michael Anthonys

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Michael Anthonys
Ranked #18 of 73 Restaurants in Villa Park
Cuisines: Pizza
Reviewed 17 August 2016 via mobile

We were here with family. My wife and I had a chopped salad to start which was excellent. We also has thin crust all cheese pizza which was also very good. This is a small nondescript pizza joint but what it lacks in ambience it makes up in quality.

Date of visit: August 2016

Reviewed 13 May 2016 via mobile

In the little downtown strip on Villa ave is this little restaurant, Michael Anthony's. It's easy to drive by as it doesn't stand out, but it has great food. They run a very busy pizza business... on a Friday night there is a steady stream of people coming in to pick up. We like to dine in but the place is very small: 3 booths and 2 tables that seat 4.
I've had the white pizza, cheese and sausage, "everything" pizza, all are delicious. The entrees are equally delicious.
The staff is friendly and they work hard. The food comes out in a reasonable amount of time and with great portions. It is clean but tired looking.
I rate the food as delicious but can't give it all 5 stars because of appearance. But don't let that stop you as the food is great and they will treat you well.

Date of visit: May 2016
Reviewed 15 April 2016 via mobile

From out of state, stopped on a walk with 3 adults, 2 children. (Located near playground and other shops.) Small little cafe, not busy. Served quickly and kindly.. children offered colors while we wait. Our burgers/wrap were delicious and big! However, my wrap had a twist tie in it....A twistie!!(like from a loaf of bread!) having worked in food service, this shows lack of cleanliness in prep area and sloppy/carelessness- Then I noticed, no hair nets, beards, and obnoxious staff. . However, I still ate my wrap (Chicken Bacon Caesar) and the waitress was very apologetic, and put it "on the house." It's a shame that this is how I will remember it, but come on -- clean it up guys! *Reasonably priced.

Date of visit: April 2016
Reviewed 3 November 2012

I have been eating at Michael Anthony's for several years now. I always enjoy the pizza. Nice thin crust, slightly sweet tomato sauce, good cheese and toppings. My only complaint is that I wish they were a little more generous with the cheese. They have pretty good sandwiches, as well, but the star of the show is the pizza.

Date of visit: July 2012
Reviewed 3 January 2012

We stopped by here to pick up pizzas to take over to a friends house as we were in town visiting. The deep dish pizza was very good, it was different that they only had tomato sauce on it, and not whole tomatoes (like Lou Malnati's). Overall, the food was excellent and we enjoyed it.

Date of visit: December 2011