“A buffet should showcase what you do best.”

Aroma Indian Cuisine
Ranked #29 of 136 Restaurants in Vernon Hills
Price range: USD 10 - USD 15
Cuisines: Indian
Reviewed 10 October 2018

I'm not sure why we keep this restaurant in the regular rotation. The food is okay, but nothing special. The nice thing is that they do not raise their lunch buffet prices on the weekend. It is the same price (currently $12.86 per person) every day.

Reviewed 23 July 2018

Two couples for dinner on Saturday evening, no need for a reservation. Our third visit, first time for our friends. All the dishes are very tasty and authentic. They will vary the spice level to suit your taste and were even able to produce a very mild chicken makahani for one of our group that cannot handle spicy food. By 8 30 the place had filled up with local Indian families, always a good sign! There is also a small Indian grocery store inside so we could stock up on all our favorite spices and chutnrys

1  Thank Neil A
Reviewed 30 October 2017 via mobile

I came to this place before and really enjoyed my meal. This time the food was great but service was unbelievably RUDE. They had turned the sign to 'closed' an hour before listed closing time (834pm) We went in and asked to be seated anyhow since the door was still open. We were served quickly. By 853pm, the music and lights were shut off. All of the FIVE servers were huddled talking with their coats on. I was so confused. Then they all started to leave one by one. I couldn't believe it. My date was appalled by how rude this was and insisted we pack our food up and go. We left at 857pm. The last sever there did not even clear the table. He walked out with us and locked the door.

Reviewed 15 May 2017 via mobile

Visited the place for mother's day buffet.
Spread was alright and so was the food. Gulab jamun was the best of the lot and sambar was like rasam.
But it is the service that I liked the best about the place. Even though the place was pretty crowded, service was not compromised.

1  Thank jayanti_dj
Reviewed 12 May 2017

I have upped my last review by one point, because the buffet lunches have been consistently good. (Just don't come at the end, when selections are no longer being freshened/replenished).

The buffet hours are:
Monday – Friday 11:30 AM – 2:30 PM
Saturday – Sunday 11:30 AM – 3:00 PM

Don't forget to take napkins when you get your plate; they are not part of the table setting.

The usual set-up:
First buffet table has salad, chutneys, raita, sauces, etc.
Next you'll find soup (usually a little spicy for me, so take enough to taste -- you can always come back for more.)
Next -- 2-3 appetizers, 3-4 vegetarian dishes, rice, Tandoori chicken plus 1 or 2 other chicken dishes, goat curry, and dessert -- often mango ice cream and rice pudding. (both good).
A basket of naan will be brought to your table.

You might want to visit the attached grocery store before you leave.

1  Thank illinoistravelere