I rented a villa for my family for the weekend to celebrate my sons 2nd birthday, and it was a great choice! I was nervous because after booking I had read some bad reviews, but I ended up being very pleased with the entire experience! First, the villas are gorgeous and huge! I was very impressed at how well they made you feel like you were in a cabin in the woods. Second, the water park (although not huge) was alot of fun, we had people ages 2-73 in our group and everyone had a great time! There are tables for those who are not joining to sit and watch, there is a concession area in there that even sells adult beverages (which was appreciated by those who werent swimming), there were no lines for anything or congestion (unlike places like keylime cove) and I was very impressed with the friendly pool staff (most places hire teeny boppers who could care less about you). Third, the amusement park area was also a blast! Again, everyone in our group enjoyed the entire experience. Lastly, the staff at the front desk was amazing! They were there to help at every turn (especially Stephanie!). We even went as far as asking the front desk if they could change in dollars for a variety of coins, and they did it no problem!! (We were having family poker night with dimes and nickels). Overall, it was fantanstic! There were only a few issues (too strong of a word but cant think of another way to word it). 1- We did have a couch in the villa that had a cracked bottom--but- when we called they offered to come fix it right away, but we didnt need them to we were only there a couple days, but it should have been noticed before our arrival. 2- Although the pool area is great, it would be even more excellent if the seating area was in a cooler place (maybe a seperate room or some fans, not sure, but I do know the people who werent swimming were a little warmer than theyd like to be, but completely understood it considering we were of course in a heated waterpark. 3- I would have enjoyed more rides for smaller children, my son is only 2, and big for a 2 year old, but could only go on 2 rides, one by himself and 1 with me, and then of course the jumparoos--it was a very nice amusement area but it would have been better if there was more he could do. Lastly, it would have been an even better experience if there were benches or picnic tables or something outside near the villas for you to sit on to enjoy the outdoor weather (especially with morning coffee :) ) a bench by each villa would exceed all expectations! But, even without the few suggestions, i would reccomend this place to everyone and will DEFINITELY be returning!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Grizzly Jack's Grand Bear Resort offers skin-drenching fun all year long right in the beautiful setting of Starved Rock State Park. Located just 90 minutes from Chicago or the Quad Cities and an hour from Bloomington or Rockford, our 60 wooded acres offer all of nature's wonders. This includes Grand Bear Falls Indoor Waterpark, beautiful lodge accommodations, as well as our 1800 sq. ft. vacation villas and luxurious 2800 sq. ft. cabins. Enjoy a variety of dining options, including wraps, salads, hot sandwiches and made to order pizzas at Jack's Place. During the summer months guests can enjoy a view of nature at our Bear Island Pavilion & Curtis Canyon Deck. Next to Bear Island enjoy our “Castle in the Woods” playground area and test your skills at our 18 hole Canyon Creek Miniature Golf Course. All lodge rooms include a microwave, mini-fridge, hair dryer and wi-fi internet access. Our Vacation Villas are a 2-story townhome with a fully-applianced kitchen (basic pots and pans and place settings are provided), 2 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms. Our Log Cabins offer 3 bedrooms, 4 bathrooms, a fully-applianced kitchen (basic pots and pans and place settings are provided), 3 fireplace, s and an oversized Great Room. Other resort amenities include the Cave Arcade with over 60 games, the Wave Cafe Snack Shop, the Honey Pot Sweet Shop & Grizzly Bean Gourmet Coffee Shop and the Moose Crossing Convenience Store. Our Grand Bear Conference Center includes over 8000 sq. ft. of meeting space, including 6000 sq. ft. of Grand Ballroom space to accommodate your larger functions such as weddings, family reunions and corporate events. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Wotif.com, Expedia APAC and lastminute.com.au so you can book your Grizzly Jack's Grand Bear Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grizzly Jack`s Grand Bear Hotel Utica
- Grizzly Jacks Grand Bear Resort
- Grizzly Jacks Grand Bear Hotel