USD 62
USD 56
USD 121
USD 65
USD 203
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 1 August 2017 via mobile

This was my second stay within one week, when I had a need to use an outlet to charge my devices, I pulled out the night stand to unplug the alarm clock and plug in my charging cord...,to my surprise I found months worth of trash along with the dust that should not be there. I found condiment packets and food scraps. If this happened one time I would have ignored it and just complain to management. I found similar issues with both rooms. Of course when I was checking out the clerk was nowhere to be found. Just saying if you want piece of mind don't look behind the night stands.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled on business
Pam E, Executive Assistant at The Garden Hotel Urbana Champaign, responded to this reviewResponded 2 August 2017

I am sorry for the incident you encountered during your stay. We have taken steps to retrain our inspectors and assure you this problem will not occur again. I hope you will give us an opportunity to serve you again in the future.

Reviewed 29 July 2017 via mobile

I was here for a convention. First thing that struck me was that there were people talking about paying less for their rooms than our "block" for the event. Staff was pleasant and it appeared they were prettying the place up. Room was fine and clean. But I thought I was on a secret camera TV show when i turned on the shower. It was this weak little dribble, one I'd go see the Dr over if it was coming out of me. Quite possibly the worst shower I've ever had, including some dumps I've stayed in. And no food at all? Sorry, just not a good choice.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled on business
Pam E, Executive Assistant at The Garden Hotel Urbana Champaign, responded to this reviewResponded 1 August 2017

I am sorry you experienced poor water pressure during your recent stay. We did do some repairs on the boiler on Friday, however, everything was back up and running by the afternoon. If you had mentioned this to the front desk, I am sure they could have moved you to another room. I don't know who you talked to about their rate for their room, however, we do offer a promotion through Groupon, and perhaps those people had purchased their rooms in advance. Otherwise, all the rooms in a block are the same price. We are in the process of replacing our onsite restaurant, however there is always food available daily from the restaurant across the street and a staff member would have gladly arranged that for you. I am sorry that our communication was so bad during your stay, Obviously, we need to do a better job of communicating repairs and unusual situations to our guests. Please feel free to call me directly at 217-328-7900 X 2105 to book your next stay with us. I am sure you will not be disappointed. Thank you.

Reviewed 25 July 2017

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Wyndham Hotel and Resorts
Pam E, Executive Assistant at The Garden Hotel Urbana Champaign, responded to this reviewResponded 28 July 2017

Reviewed 18 July 2017 via mobile

we stayed at the wyndham last week and we used groupon to book. for some reason my groupon was not showing that we had booked so we used another persons. groupon then charged me 3 times for that room. i called them and said they couldn't do anything, i then called the hotel and Mack was excellent at getting my refund. thank you for the help !

Stayed: July 2017, travelled on business
Pam E, Executive Assistant at The Garden Hotel Urbana Champaign, responded to this reviewResponded 20 July 2017

Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay. We will make sure Mac is recognized for his valuable assistance. He is an excellent employee and we are happy your needs were met. We hope we can serve you again in the future.

Reviewed 12 July 2017 via mobile

Bought a Groupon to stay overnight just to drop off our younger son for summer camp and then attend a campus tour for my soon-to-be-college older son the next day. The lobby was empty when we arrived mid-afternoon on a Sunday. No lines at check-in. We were checked in 2 hours earlier than what was advised, which was nice. The room smelled musty (like laundry left in the washer) throughout our whole stay, even after the air conditioner had been running for several hours. Although the room looked, as we walked in, like it was cleaned, a closer look at the bed sheets showed that they weren't changed. The pillow cases looked like they had been used. My son found dry pizza crust in the sheets, which was gross. Front desk apologized when we informed them about it at checkout, but nothing was done or offered to make up for it. Would not recommend this place to anyone unless you just really need a place to spend the night. Other than that, better to look elsewhere.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family

Thank you for your comments, I apologize for the incident with your room. We have a zero tolerance for housekeepers who do not change sheets and that individual has been fired. I hope you will give us the opportunity to serve you again in the future. I am sorry that the front desk did not make your stay right, if you would like to call me directly for a stay in the future, I would be happy to make those arrangements for you. 217-328-7900 X 2105. Thank you again.