See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 18 July 2017 via mobile

we stayed at the wyndham last week and we used groupon to book. for some reason my groupon was not showing that we had booked so we used another persons. groupon then charged me 3 times for that room. i called them and said they couldn't do anything, i then called the hotel and Mack was excellent at getting my refund. thank you for the help !

Stayed: July 2017, travelled on business
Pam E, Executive Assistant at The Garden Hotel Urbana Champaign, responded to this reviewResponded 20 July 2017

Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay. We will make sure Mac is recognized for his valuable assistance. He is an excellent employee and we are happy your needs were met. We hope we can serve you again in the future.

Reviewed 12 July 2017 via mobile

Bought a Groupon to stay overnight just to drop off our younger son for summer camp and then attend a campus tour for my soon-to-be-college older son the next day. The lobby was empty when we arrived mid-afternoon on a Sunday. No lines at check-in. We were checked in 2 hours earlier than what was advised, which was nice. The room smelled musty (like laundry left in the washer) throughout our whole stay, even after the air conditioner had been running for several hours. Although the room looked, as we walked in, like it was cleaned, a closer look at the bed sheets showed that they weren't changed. The pillow cases looked like they had been used. My son found dry pizza crust in the sheets, which was gross. Front desk apologized when we informed them about it at checkout, but nothing was done or offered to make up for it. Would not recommend this place to anyone unless you just really need a place to spend the night. Other than that, better to look elsewhere.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Pam E, Executive Assistant at The Garden Hotel Urbana Champaign, responded to this reviewResponded 28 July 2017

Thank you for your comments, I apologize for the incident with your room. We have a zero tolerance for housekeepers who do not change sheets and that individual has been fired. I hope you will give us the opportunity to serve you again in the future. I am sorry that the front desk did not make your stay right, if you would like to call me directly for a stay in the future, I would be happy to make those arrangements for you. 217-328-7900 X 2105. Thank you again.

Reviewed 7 July 2017

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Wyndham Hotel and Resorts
Pam E, Executive Assistant at The Garden Hotel Urbana Champaign, responded to this reviewResponded 10 July 2017

Reviewed 5 July 2017

Terrible service waited over 2-1/2 hours to check in because not enough people to clean rooms and it was on a Saturday. My worst ever experience at a hotel !!!

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Wyndham Hotel and Resorts
Pam E, Executive Assistant at The Garden Hotel Urbana Champaign, responded to this reviewResponded 6 July 2017

I am so sorry you experienced such long wait times during check in. We did have a full hotel the weekend you are referencing and we did have issues with turning rooms quick enough. I apologize for your wait and hope you will give us the opportunity to exceed your expectations in the future.

Reviewed 30 June 2017