“Disappointed”

Wyndham Garden Urbana Champaign
Ranked #10 of 13 Hotels in Urbana
Reviewed 13 December 2016

We reserved 3 rooms for my husband, myself, and family. The setup of the hotel was nice, but that was about it. The reason we picked this hotel was for the family to be together and swim in the pool and use the hot tub, which my husband told them when he called to make reservations. The pool was freezing cold and the pumps were not working. The pump on the hot tub was broken and the water wasn't filled to the proper depth. The telephone did not work in my room and the thermostat was stuck on 80 degrees. We were able to get put in a different room, but it was away from our family members. During our stay I went to the desk to ask a question and no one was there, but looking through the open door there was a woman sitting at a desk in front of a computer. I had to call her to get her attention. Terrible service. The next morning when we needed to check out, there was no one at the front desk. There was a basket with a note on the counter stating to put our "keys" in the basket. Of all times, why you would not have someone at the front desk at checkout time is beyond me. Two days later when I got on my bank's website to check our charges for the rooms, we were overcharged for the original 3 rooms AND charged for the 4th room we were moved to, at a higher rate, even though the woman at the desk told me it was the same type of room as our original room we were moved from. When my husband called to asked about the overcharges, the woman who answered the phone said it was for "incidentals" and the charges would "fall off" in a couple of days. (Right!) She did not see the 4th room charge with the 3 original room charges, but she did see the 4th charge on another part of her computer. My husband said he wanted a call back from the manager. We'll see if they follow through. I don't think there is anything positive to say about our stay. I am not one to write bad reviews, but this stay was ridiculous. I think we should get half of our money back.

Room Tip: Do not stay here unless it is the last available hotel and you are stranded during a snow storm.
  • Stayed: December 2016, travelled with family

Reviewed 5 December 2016

Friendly staff and very attractive hotel! It was an easy stay with no complaints at all. Very reasonably priced

Reviewed 5 December 2016

This could be a nice hotel if the staff would clean the building such as the elevators and floors where people can see the neglect.

Reviewed 2 December 2016

• Stayed: November 2016, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Wyndham Hotel and Resorts
Also consider these accommodations in or near Urbana
2.4 km away
Comfort Suites Urbana Champaign, University Area
2.4 km away
Hyatt Place Champaign
Hyatt Place Champaign
#3 of 25 in Champaign
0.1 km away
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Urbana-Champaign (U of I Area)
0.3 km away
Econo Lodge Champaign Urbana – University Area
0.2 km away
Ramada Urbana/Champaign
2.1 km away
Eastland Suites Hotel & Conference Center of Champaign-Urbana

Been to Wyndham Garden Urbana Champaign? Share your experiences!