We reserved 3 rooms for my husband, myself, and family. The setup of the hotel was nice, but that was about it. The reason we picked this hotel was for the family to be together and swim in the pool and use the hot tub, which my husband told them when he called to make reservations. The pool was freezing cold and the pumps were not working. The pump on the hot tub was broken and the water wasn't filled to the proper depth. The telephone did not work in my room and the thermostat was stuck on 80 degrees. We were able to get put in a different room, but it was away from our family members. During our stay I went to the desk to ask a question and no one was there, but looking through the open door there was a woman sitting at a desk in front of a computer. I had to call her to get her attention. Terrible service. The next morning when we needed to check out, there was no one at the front desk. There was a basket with a note on the counter stating to put our "keys" in the basket. Of all times, why you would not have someone at the front desk at checkout time is beyond me. Two days later when I got on my bank's website to check our charges for the rooms, we were overcharged for the original 3 rooms AND charged for the 4th room we were moved to, at a higher rate, even though the woman at the desk told me it was the same type of room as our original room we were moved from. When my husband called to asked about the overcharges, the woman who answered the phone said it was for "incidentals" and the charges would "fall off" in a couple of days. (Right!) She did not see the 4th room charge with the 3 original room charges, but she did see the 4th charge on another part of her computer. My husband said he wanted a call back from the manager. We'll see if they follow through. I don't think there is anything positive to say about our stay. I am not one to write bad reviews, but this stay was ridiculous. I think we should get half of our money back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located just off I74 at Lincoln Ave, you are a short two mile drive from the heart of the University of Illinois, including Memorial Stadium (home to the Fighting Illini Football) and the University of Illinois State Farm Center. Also near the Wyndham Garden are the quaint downtowns of Urbana and Champaign. We do not currently provide microwaves or refrigerators in the rooms. They are available upon request from the Front Desk, free of charge. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, lastminute.com.au, Expedia APAC, Hotels.com, Wotif.com, TripOnline SA, Hooroo Pty Ltd, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Wyndham Garden Urbana Champaign reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Champaign Urbana Hotel Urbana
- Holiday Inn Urbana
- Urbana Holiday Inn
- Wyndham Garden Urbana Champaign IL - Champaign-Urbana