1,795 results
All reviews lagoon pool shopping centre nelson bay amazing pool huge pool steam room direct access to the pool studio room tennis courts wraps spa bath short drive school holidays across the road buffet breakfast relaxing stay long weekend
Reviewed 31 January 2011

I would stay here again, the location and the venue itself was I think well worth it.
I booked a Lagoon Studio for $155 per night via "Check-In"

We did arrive over 1.5 hrs before check in and I did not expect the suite to be ready this early in.

After the long drive we went and ordered some cocktails and was advised we had a room within 30 mins anyways.

Next time I will definitely book a Swim Out Pool but it wasnt so much of an inconvience to walk, find a spot and relax opposite the pool.

Only thing I wish they did do was room service. After the long drive we didnt end up having lunch till 3pm which we couldnt eat at the resort anymore until 5.30 for dinner.
Then their dinner service was only until 10pm also.

But wpuld definitely stay again. The resort has everything you need, central to ecerything and only a 5 minute drive to the Marina.

Reviewed 16 January 2011

After reading the reviews we were very anxious but couldn't have been more pleased. Our studio room was terrific, exactly what a couple would require. Rebecca checked us in with the utmost efficiency and friendliness. It was school holidays and there were heaps of families but there was very little noise in the evening and the rooms were very quiet. Yes it's not next to a beach but is close to a great shopping centre to purchase all one's requirements. Who needs a beach with the magnificent lagoon pool. It is a short drive to any of the tourist activities but was also a great retreat to return to after a day with the crowds or walks. Well done Oaks

Reviewed 12 January 2011

We booked our Xmas holidays 12 months in advance and requested next door swim out apartments as we had friends coming also . We were put on other sides of the resorts which was totally inconvenient! Our initial room was near the bridge NOT happy !! The staff use excuses like we are booked out and that the units have gone into receivership and by the way the resort was not at capacity . Our 2 bedroom apartment was clean & cleaning staff were gr8! We have stayed there for the last 3 yrs & were hoping to go again. We went to book again 2 days after we arrived home to be told everything was booked and that the price was now over $500.00 a night !!! What is the resort thinking?? Make it more affordable and patrons would go back !! The staff is rude & unhelpful & we will not be returning again !! I received an email regarding my complaint email but nothing really was done about trying to vet us back !! If a unit owner of the resort wishes to let out there unit privately I would jump at the chance !!! Would never book via the resort again !!! Contact me owners of swimouts !!

• Stayed: December 2010
Reviewed 7 January 2011

1. We got there, was not given the room we paid for; Paid for a lagoon room, with a staircase that leads to pool which is only shared by opposite room). Nah, they gave us a room that you have to walk out onto the resort street and around to the common pool area. asked to be moved, but apparently it was all booked. Oh yeh, and another thing, please don't buy anything that need to be put into freezer, not gonna happen, you'll be eating Cornetto's with the spoon, hehehe funny....not!

2. Let me tell you about the restaurant; Next time your peckish, try microwaving some plasterboard coated with flour and bread crumbs & Wala, you get a dish that resembles chicken schnitzel. Although I will give credit where it's due, the prepackaged coleslaw was delicious. Enough said.

3. Okay holiday goers, I would assume you like to sleep at nights on you holiday? Well....Its a bit difficult when only 10 metres away in the apartment opposite was rented by animals, barking and snarling on their balcony till 2am every morning. Raised the issue with Management every evening 4 out of 4 nights. Management went so far as to do...... wait for it.......NOTHING! probably too scared to approach the wild and carnivorous animals. The noise complaints were not even registered in the overnight book, as I was told by staff when I checked out.

4.Very disappointed with the overall experience, the lack of enthusiasm by staff to help is most disappointing, not happy.......Don't waste your time during school holiday periods, too overcrowded, management either can't cope, or don't care, or are just over the crowds.

Reviewed 30 December 2010

We stayed at the Oaks Pacific Blue Resort during Christmas and must refute a majority of the negative reviews here, which almost changed our desire to stay at the resort.

Firstly the room: We stayed in a 2 bedroom Lagoon Spa. I must say the rooms were brilliant with a FULL kitchen, large and small plasma televisions and a huge spa bath. The only sore point, and their website stipulates this, is the 2 bedrooms are not connected – there is an entrance way in-between.

Café Azure: We ate there for a dinner and a breakfast, yes the food wasn’t spectacular, however all the staff were v. pleasant, helpful and the service was tremendous on both occasions.

Location: one reviewer claimed the Oaks Pacific Blue was in an industrial estate, which is simply UNTRUE. We drove all around the entire suburb and did not find one factory. There is a short drive to the beach, but why bother, the pool is simply fantastic and well worth spending all day in.

Local shops: well of course they look like local shops – they ARE local shops. If you wanted the Dubai Mall then go to Dubai, not Salamander Bay. The “local” shops had everything we needed to buy for a BBQ and ensure our stay was complete.

Clientele: Overall the majority were just families like us, enjoying a break in a rather nice hotel with a splendid Lagoon pool. Noise factor was only an issue during the day when kids enjoyed the delights of the pool (which incidentally was a lot warmer than the ocean).

The only issue I was not happy with was when we arrived at midday they told us the room would be ready shortly and reminded me check-in was at 2pm. I asked if we could check-in early as we had just driven from Sydney….um, no. The front desk told us the room would NOT be ready till 2pm on the dot – that was just a little inflexible if them. We have stayed in many, many hotels throughout the world and have never had to wait for a room if we arrive only 2 hours early!
Also we requested late check-out (check-out is at 10am – on the dot) but was denied….again, we have requested and been granted late check-out at most places we have stayed – very disappointing service on these two points, otherwise we would definitely stay here again.

My only suggestion is to ensure some professional point to point training for the reception staff, they can be a tad harsh and standoffish….. but do book, you won't be disappointed!

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled with family