1,791 results
All reviews lagoon pool shopping centre nelson bay amazing pool huge pool steam room direct access to the pool studio room tennis courts wraps spa bath short drive school holidays across the road buffet breakfast relaxing stay long weekend
Reviewed 30 September 2010

When I went to Oaks Pacific Blue Resort it looked quite good but I wasn't sure if it would look very good in the inside.
We booked a studio apartment with a balcony. Whe we went inside it looked quite but it wasn't exactly perfect.
The service was nice and the clealiness of the room was ok.
The location was not exactly what I thought it would be but I guess it was ok.
The pool was very long though it was very cold and I didn't dare to swim in it.
The spa pool was very warm though quite hot aswell.
We could sleep but there was some noise.
The lap pool was nice and warm but still cold aswell.
The restaurant had friendly staff and delectable food.
The resort was very nice indeed and I would like to go there again.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank Ethania
Reviewed 9 September 2010

The whole stay was disappointing, firstly the resort is situated in the middle of a industrial/shopping area and is not close to any other facilities or towns. When we were there the movie channel was not woking and we were told to go over to video ezy, the spa bath took over an hour to fill and the food was just awful. When we complained we were just given the text book answers with no real concern, The stay really spoiled our weekend away, I would never stay there again.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 25 August 2010

This is a newly built resort that offers a fantastic holiday for families. We rented a 2 story town house and the location within the resort was magic, right in front of the pool beach and entrance to the 'lazy river' that goes right round the resort for nearly a kilometer. When you stay there it's like a mixture of being in a fantastic resort in Thailand on the beach or a little bit of Venice. The accommodation is modern, practical and comfortable. Our townhouse could have done with a small vacuum cleaner as with 3 children after a week the floor needs more than a dust pan to make a difference. Yes we could have got the room serviced but we have a budget! Across the road is a bowling alley and up the road is a great shopping centre and the beach. Honestly you just don't want to leave the resort when you get there, lots to do and they have world class tennis courts once used by the Tony Roche complex. We went the week before Xmas Port Stephens was nice to be in, lots of buzz and we just chilled out at all the fantastic local restaurants. We had a little bit of heaven on earth, I highly recommend this holiday, especially if you're a Sydney-sider and don't want to go too far. We brought the dog and she stayed at a local kennel that was like a resort too! At least it was half the price of the kennels in Sydney. Great holiday totally recommend it to families - our kids at the time were 9, 11 and 12. Lastly the pool is the BEST in Australia hands down.

Stayed: December 2009, travelled with family
1  Thank FiveGoAway
Reviewed 8 August 2010

just came back from this resort, after booking it with the resort directly, i got a good price probably seeing as its out of season. I had read the reviews, some great some not so great but i must say after spending 3 nights we felt like we were in another world. We stayed in a one bedroom swimout, it had everything one would require on holidays, very modern and clean and i must say thats a big call from me as i am extra fussy on cleanliness. The staff were friendly and helpful, the gardens were most impressive, we ate at the in house resturaunt and although not overly priced we found better value in nelson bay 5 mins drive away. love to go back in summer but not school hols as it would be very popular with young families and im guessing very noisy, so if you would like a peaceful break go out of season.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 May 2010

This has been one of the most beautiful resorts I have ever stayed in.

My fiance and I just got back from a 2 night stay in a Studio Swim out room and we couldn't be happier. The room was very modern looking, had a very comfortable king sized bed, big bathroom, basic pay-TV stations, kitchenette & also had a large veranda where you could hop straight off into the pool.

Check in and out was so fast and efficient. Reception staff were very helpful with advice and knowledge of local tours.

The resort is so beautiful, I couldn't stop taking photos.

The pool was too cold to go swimming in, though we enjoyed going in one of the heated spa. The spa could sit at least 10 people.

My only complaint would be the shower, excellent size and water pressure but the door wasn't sealed and it would wet most of the bathroom floor which got annoying.

Other than that we REALLY enjoyed our stay and they'll be seeing us again when the weather heats up so we can go in their pool!

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled as a couple