“Lots of parking and good food”

Steel Bender Brewyard
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

We had passed by this brew pub many times and always saw a lot of cars so finally had the opportunity to eat a bite. Had to wait a few minutes to be seated as no hostess was around and the place was busy later in the evening on a Thursday night. About a dozen house made brews and about a half dozen locally made wines available by the glass or bottle. The menu has good bar good choices. We split the special of the evening which was a burger with bacon queso lettuce tomato onion and a home made bbq sauce. I was puzzled when the waiter brought a mega load of napkins and was satisfied when I needed more than 1! Decided to be healthy with a side salad nice mixed greens tomato and cucs. Also ordered the green chile strips fried of course with a red chile ranch sauce. Full chilies arrived piping hot at the table and we gobbled them up! Hubby got the Tropical manana ipa, I got a small taste of the steel bender stout (absolutely yummy with hints of chocolate and coffee) and a apple bear cider. Splitting dinner for 2 with 2 drinks was $33. Good service with many TVs mostly different sports and an all age crowd. We will be back.

Reviewed 2 April 2018

Grabbed a burger and and had a few beers while visiting friends. Loved the atmosphere of the pub. Couldn't find a beer I loved; they all had the same after-taste. Had a burger; not bad.

Reviewed 10 February 2018 via mobile

Horrible service. Went with a group of friends after work and patiently waited to get drinks & food. Many times having to get up ourselves to ask the bartender for drinks or utensils. After two hours & two glasses of wine I got cut off from ordering another glass of wine. First and last time I visit here.

Shelby C, Owner at Steel Bender Brewyard, responded to this reviewResponded 19 March 2018

Hi Tina, I’m sorry your group did not experience prompt service that meets our standards. I will pass this along to our managers as a training opportunity for our staff. Regarding being cut off from ordering another drink, it’s the responsibility of our staff and managers to determine when a guest needs to stop drinking while in our establishment, and we entrust them to do this for safety, for their own job security, and for the welfare of the business. I’m sorry this had to happen on what was already poor experience, though.

Reviewed 7 February 2018 via mobile

I was in town for business and I stopped by this brew pub and the beer (Iron Red) was great and the beer braised pulled pork sandwich was very good and the views of the Sandia’s are a bonus!

Reviewed 5 February 2018 via mobile

Traffic may get backed up at Paseo Del Norte going West bound, Traffic may slow you to a halt on 2nd St. going North bound...don’t despair...there is an easy escape route for you....just hop off for a breather, at Steel Bender Brewyard. While there you, as We did can enjoy any of their brews. We did multiple beer flights (four of us, with the drivers enjoying a little less..:) My fav beer sample was the Dunkle. We ate Green Chili Cheese burgers. Good food for a Brewery. Wasn’t as thrilled with the potato buns, but the burger was cooked well and tasty. Wow, as we hopped back on the road home...the traffic had disappeared....”like magic”..:). Steel Bender saved our day..:) Thanks for reading. Avram