TARA Guest House
The Urban Newtown(Newtown)(Great Value!)
USD 88
Savings alert! 14% below average rates

The price you found is 14% lower than this hotel's average rate of USD 102/night.

Cambridge Lodge Guest House(Stanmore)(Great Value!)
USD 61
  • Bar/Lounge
USD 66
USD 55
Savings alert! 14% below average rates

The price you found is 14% lower than this hotel's average rate of USD 64/night.

Veriu Camperdown(Sydney)(Great Value!)
USD 156
USD 140
Sutherland Motel(Sutherland Shire)
USD 166
  • Room Service
USD 140
  • Breakfast included
All reviewswonderful hostsother guestsbreakfast tableb bsflight pathenmore theatreairport pickuplovely homenewtown stationevery morninghome away from homesydney airportbuses and trainsyogurtinner citynew zealandensuite bathroom
Reviewed 16 February 2017

I staid at Tara Guest House in Enmore, Sydney for 3 days in the beginning of February 2017. And I must say that I couldn´t have picked a better place in Sydney. The neighborhood was interesting and vibrant, and close to the more busy and turisty city center. It had a genuine feel to it, with lots of interesting shops and places to eat. But the real gem is Tara Guest House - owned and run by Julien and Broome. They were such nice people and made me feel instantly at home in the beautiful house - and room! The homemade breakfast is a feast and you enjoy it with the rest of the guets and Julien and Broome join you for a coffee after serving you all that you can wish for to start your day with energy. I really enjoyed those conversations by the table. Their dog Oscar is the cutest and the atmostphere in the house is just lovely. I just cannot recommend it enough!

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 10 February 2017

Everything about my stay was absolutely divine. Julian and Brom were such welcoming hosts the moment I walked in and the breakfast was 5 star. Enmore is a very vibrant area with a huge selection of fantastic restaurants and a great community feeling to it. The terrace itself has exquisite artwork and the garden was beautiful. I could hardly get out of my bed it was so comfortable and the place felt more like a second home than a B&B. Oscar the border collie was hard to say goodbye too as such a sweet dog. I cannot rate this place highly enough, it was great value for money and will certainly be back another time.

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 26 January 2017

Beautiful old house right in Newtown / Enmore. 10min walk to Newtown station, walk to all shops, main street. Lovely spacious old terrace house, beautiful interior, garden and artwork. Nice and quiet, leafy street. The breakfast is absolutely delicious, multiple courses, Brom and Julian really put it on, easily worth $40+ in cafe prices, but better than any breakfast I've had in a cafe. Best weekend stay in Sydney ever, and free airport shuttle as well. Oh and can't forget Oscar the awesome border collie who is adorable.

Room Tip: All rooms are good.
  • Stayed: January 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 January 2017

What can I say about Tara Guest House, amazing hosts with such great stories to tell over a simply awesome breakfast, that kept you going until dinner. Loved the communal breakfast with other guests. Brom and Julian were great hosts and it was never too much trouble helping us plan our days in Sydney and with restaurant and bar choices for the evenings. Julian collected us and dropped us back to the airport which was a real personal touch. Loved the area of Enmore and Newtown and only a bus journey away from the main areas of Sydney. We simply cannot recommend this guesthouse highly enough and it certainly has been our best stay anywhere. Thank you both.

Room Tip: The large top floor where we stayed was fantastic
  • Stayed: December 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Amandar350
Reviewed 9 January 2017 via mobile

We stayed 3 nights in Tara guesthouse and enjoyed our stay in Sydney. The hosts Julian and Brom are very friendly and welcoming and help with a lot of good suggestions on sightseeing. Julian picked us up from the airport, which was very pleasant after a long flight. Breakfast offered many variations and was absolutely delicious every day. The rooms are spacious, absolutely clean and nicely decorated. There is a lot to explore in the neighbourhood and different buses around the corner take you to the city center in 15 to 20 minutes. We would definitely stay again.

Stayed: January 2017, travelled with family