The Urban Newtown(Newtown)(Great Value!)
USD 95
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of USD 109/night.

Cambridge Lodge Guest House(Stanmore)(Great Value!)
USD 61
USD 94
USD 88
  • Bar/Lounge
Savings alert! 23% below average rates

The price you found is 23% lower than this hotel's average rate of USD 114/night.

USD 74
USD 94
  • Room Service
USD 112
  • Breakfast included
All reviewswonderful hostsother guestsbreakfast tableb bsflight pathenmore theatreairport pickuplovely homenewtown stationdumplingsevery morninghome away from homesydney airportbuses and trainsyogurtensuite bathroomcircular quay
Reviewed 8 February 2012

I stayed at Tara for two nights in January, having booked it after I read the reviews on TripAdvisor. And it exceeded all my expectations! Brom and Julian are first class hosts that provide excellent accomodation and excellent service. I stayed at the back room, which was big, light and airy. It was more like a suite as it also have a sitting area with a sofa and TV. The room and bathroom, as the rest of this charming B&B are very clean and comfortable. I had the bathroom all to myself, so cannot realy comment on sharing it, but I doubt it would have been a problem. The street noise referred to in some of the reviews did not really bother me. It is in the middle of the city and it's impossible to avoid the city hum. If you are not used to staying/living in a city, bring the earplugs.
The breakfast was out of this world. I won't repeat the majority of the comments, but it's worth staying there just for the breakfast!!
Brom and Julian are incredibly friendly, hospitable and helpful hosts. Julian picked me up from the airport at 8am and when we arrived, my room was already ready, for which I was very grateful. I was also offered to join in the breakfast, which I thought was very touching. Brom gave me a useful orientation, provided me with maps, tips and useful advice of what to do and where to go. I didn't need to bring my travel book. Brom also helped me with booking further accomodation and renting a car, thus saving me a lot of hassle and money!

All in all, I had a fantastic stay with Brom and Julian, I will definitely stay there again if I come to Sydney and I would definitely recommend their lovely Tara.

Room Tip: First floor back room was excellent.
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank nt7169
Reviewed 24 January 2012

Back in germany and after months of work I must say thank you to brom and julian from tara guesthouse. We spent last year in january 3 weeks at tara guesthouse with our 11 months old daughter antonia and we had such a great time. It is difficult for me to describe all in english, so I will switch to german, but we will never forget the time we spent at tara guesthouse; the best time for us at australia. Thank you very much!!!
Super netter Empfang am Flughafen und shuttle zum guesthouse; incl. Kindersitz für Antonia. Prima Zimmer, alles super stylish und sauber. Anregende Gespräche beim Frühstück und Abend und über allem unglaublich nette, vielseitige, liebevolle und witzige Gastgeber mit einer Affinität zu allem was schön ist und einer großen Kinderliebe!

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled with family
3  Thank carsten s
Reviewed 20 January 2012

We booked the room with the telescope and really liked it. Think about lots of space, light and a view of the backyard. No need for window shades, there was plenty of privacy and during the night, you can watch the stars from your comfy bed. We were able to leave the windows open all the time, insuring constant fresh air, as safety was not an issue. Although we usually do not like to share a bathroom, it was not a big deal in the end.
We thought the guesthouse felt quite special. Very artsy, cool furniture and paintings, plus some Asian decoration. It was a true gem in the middle of Sydney.
Brom and Julian were outstanding hosts as mentioned many times in previous reviews. We even got beach towels and an alarm clock (we showed up at 07:00 am one morning and wondered about breakfast). Loved the pick up from the city center and return to the airport, thanks again.
Breakfast was indeed superdelicious, varied every day and was prepared with lots of effort and love.
We can't wait to go back again.

Room Tip: The room with the telescope seemed a bit quieter than the ones in the front of the house.
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank 2keentotravel
Reviewed 17 January 2012

The "excellent" reviews say it all - we were travelling with 2 kids and I wasn't entirely sure that this would be the most suitable place to recover from jetlag and start our first visit to Australia, but by breakfast time I was already congratulating myself on booking 4 nights here (double room at front and telescope room at back).
We met some very interesting people - but I didn't feel I had to participate in conversation at breakfast (and didn't on day one because I was still on CET).
Brom and Julian are amazing. To describe what they offer as "service" is missing the mark because you can't put a price on making people feel completely comfortable.
The list of "extras" that we experienced is a long one - on top of all the breakfast, WLAN, airport run etc. that you expect after reading the Tara website - the bottom line is that Brom, Julian and their helpers went many extra miles to ensure that we had a very special time in Sydney and I am very grateful to them for that. We were relaxed and yet managed to do and see so much. It just couldn't have worked out better. Thanks Brom and Julian!

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
5  Thank GilesT
Reviewed 16 January 2012

I have just returned from another trip to Sydney where I stayed, yet again at the delightful Tara. I am never disappointed at at what awaits me there- from the gracious hosts, the lovely house or the excellent service- the breakfast has to be seen to be believed.
If you are looking for a b and b of an exceptionally, consistently and affordable high standard then Tara is for you. It's not cheap but you wouldn't expect it would be, but value for money it certainly is. Yes there is street noise -but it's inner city..I live in the country and sleep like a log every time I stay there. Julian and Brom were born b and b- ers. You'd have to love hospitality and they obviously do. Thank-you yet again for another perfect stay -made even more so by the addition of that rascal Oscar !

Room Tip: I like the front gallery room