“Convenient & Delicious!”

Add it.
Pita Bbq
Ranked #41 of 58 Restaurants in South Elgin
Reviewed 2 September 2018

I am honestly surprised at the reviews. My husband I were running errands and I decided to try this place on a whim. It's not exactly close to my town, but I would drive back for more.

The wraps are delicious with spicy pickles, hot sauce, and garlic sauce. The bread is fresh and soft. I got the falafel and they were seasoned perfectly and not dry like they are at a lot of other joints. Spicy fries on the side are a must and they're large enough to share! They also have a Jones soda machine.

The cherry on top is online ordering. Their website is so user friendly, I was able to order lunch on my phone and have it ready by the time my husband was done in the hardware store. The service was fast and friendly. The prices are very affordable.

Date of visit: August 2018

Reviewed 11 July 2018 via mobile

My hubby and I ate lunch with two siblings and spouses here on a Sunday about 12:45. On entry there were several other groups eating or waiting for food. We checked out the menu and then ordered. This place is all serve yourself, so we got our drinks and sat down to visit. It took about 15 minutes for us to get our food and then another 5 for each of my siblings. There was a wide variety of food available. I ordered the Chicken schwarma pita as did my hubby. We also ordered a side of hummus and pita bread. The hummus was exceptional! But we could have used more pitas as it was a large serving. My chicken schwarma pita was very good, but the pita kind of fell apart so I had to eat it with a fork. We also got an order of falafel to share with the table. It was good but by far not the best I’ve ever had.

The guys behind the counter seemed a bit disorganized. And the restaurant was warm. Probably 82-85. It was 95 outside, but still! You go to a restaurant to eat in the cool. Restroom was clean and supplied.

Rating out of 5.

Atmosphere/temperature: 2
Food: 4
Service : 3

Date of visit: July 2018
Reviewed 5 July 2018

Stopped here on a Saturday night and received some of the worse service of my life. The place used to be pretty good so maybe they have new owners. Waited over 1/2 hour in the restaurant to take out a couple of gyros and fries. They either have no air conditioner or set it at 85. My wife who was waiting for me in the vehicle came in to see if I was kidnapped. The 2 cooks were running around like stooges. I will never go their again.

Date of visit: June 2018
Reviewed 8 December 2017

This is MUCH different than you would expect and very good indeed. If you are looking to break out of your normal food routine, this is the place to go. Long grain rices, yogurts and fabulous hummus are some of the unusual choices that are available. Do yourself a flavor and stop in this restaurant. It is a location that has not traditionally done well so I hope they are able to get a foot hold in the neighborhood.

Date of visit: October 2017
Reviewed 13 December 2016 via mobile

This place is great, first off definitely not BBQ, more of an Indian greasy spoon! Delicious! This place has some wonderful items, but I stick with schwarma. Lunch deal is a good value. Food is fresh. Their garlic sauce is very good. Will be back. Highly recommended.

Date of visit: December 2016