“Great Asian Restaurant”
Review of Wok 'n Fire

Wok 'n Fire
Reserve with OpenTable
Wok 'n Fire is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 5 February 2018

Went to dinner with friends last night and picked Wok’nFire to introduce our friends to it. As expected it was great. We’ve been there a few times and always had a good meal. The menu I feel is Asian fusion. There’s Japanese, Thai, Chinese, Korean and others on the menu. Lots of choices and you can make your own creations. Had a vegetarian in the group and had no problem with making selections.

Reviewed 28 January 2018

We went to Wok ‘n Fire on Friday, January 26th. We arrived right before the dinner rush, and were seated right away. Our drink order was taken and delivered quickly. Gabriel was our server, and was very friendly and efficient. I ordered the Vietnamese Pho bowl, and my companion ordered the Chef’s special Ume platter. When my Pho arrived, I didn’t like the broth at all. Mary, who brought our drinks came to check on us, and asked how I liked it. I was hesitant to complain because I felt like it was my error to order something I didn’t like. Mary asked specifically if I was unhappy, and explained that their broths have fish sauce in them, and offered to bring me something else. They took the Pho back in the most kind way, and brought me some of their maki rolls, which were delicious. My friend loved his sushi platter as well; the fish was fresh and very tasty. I was very, very impressed with the service we received and the overall atmosphere of the restaurant, and the food was delicious. We will definitely come back.

Reviewed 24 January 2018 via mobile

This restaurant surprises with enthusiastic offers for specials contingent upon seating location. This is likely intended as a creative solution to maximizing use of real estate.
Once seated, service is sloppy, unenthusiastic, and staff appears distracted, undertrained, or both. It’s unfortunate because the food is actually pretty good - beats most potstickers offered within a 15 mile radius. The experience caliber pendulum swings widely between areas of service. If only the chefs could count on floor staff to deliver, this eatery might actually become a solid player in the game. Overall, the experience is confusing rather than heady

1  Thank Drdin2012
Reviewed 21 January 2018

This Wok'nFire is located in the Arboretum of South Barrington. It is in a good-sized mall with plenty of parking. We had a late lunch here and enjoyed the atmosphere, as well as the staff. We chose the specialty maki rolls, since we are always looking for different sushi rolls. We started with the Vietnamese Imperial rolls which are crispy chicken and veggie spring rolls with sweet and sour sauce. Then we ordered two rolls. The first was a Red Spider roll which was cream cheese, shrimp tempura, cucumber, mayo and spicy tuna that is topped with a spicy tempura-battered soft shell crab. The second was a Las Vegas roll which is a crispy maki roll filled with cream cheese, jalapeño, and crab mix, topped with tempura flakes, a spicy seafood mix, spicy mayo and unagi sauce. Everything was delicious. The amount of food was perfect for a light lunch and the price was reasonable.

Reviewed 21 January 2018

A very nice selection of Japanese food. The decor was very nice and the service people were great. I was surprised that they didnt serve tea. A very good selection of drinks including wine. The sushi was very good and there noodle were dishes was fantastic.