“Nothing special”

Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: IL Route 59
Reviewed 7 June 2017

Three of us wanted to try this place. None of us were really impressed. I thought the best part of the meal were the fresh and hot dinner rolls! I had a beef dish which I did not care for at all. The server saw that I was not happy with the meal and immediately offered a replacement which, for the first time in my life, I accepted. Rather than point to one item, try L'Eiffel and decide for yourself.

Reviewed 4 May 2017

I was looking for a taste of some French food and was disappointed. When we got to the restaurant, the atmosphere was nice. We decided to sit at the bar and have a drink. Sitting on the bar next to me was a pile of stuff. A laptop omputer, a bunch of cords, some little boxes, silverware, plates (all stacked randomly on top of each other). Then I turned all the way around and in the corner was about 7ft of empty boxes that probably needed to be broken down. Anyone who sat in the bar area could see both messes. It just turned us off. We ordered escargot (very yummy), foie gras (way over done). And we called it a night. I hope it was just an off night. But it was off enough for me to write a review. I have pictures too. But I'm not going to post them.

Reviewed 15 March 2017

I've eaten at this restaurant maybe 4 times in the past couple years, most recently for a business lunch. Lots of potential here but something stops me from putting it over the top with a better rating. It's so cute and unique that it could be spectacular. My dining companion and I both ordered crepes which were delicious but it took quite a long time for us to be waited on, served and brought the check. Perhaps because it's tony South Barrington within an upscale mall, when the wait staff see two women for lunch, they assume we are 'ladies who lunch'. That was not the case with us and we had a timeline. Also, the ambiance, while pleasant enough, seems just shy of chainy. I love the drink and food selections. L'Eiffel just needs to kick it up a notch with service and ambiance. It would not take much.

Reviewed 12 March 2017

We really like this place! We both work downtown and dine in the city often, we feel there are very few options in this area so when we find one we like we want to make sure they get some recognition. Located in the far corner of the mall away from the other restaurants, L'Eiffel has a cute courtyard for summer dining. We like to sit at the bar or in the bar area.

Never had a bad meal here. Extensive wine (try the Cotes Du Rhone) and drink menu. Love the Baked French Onion Soup and the Appetizer specials. La Maison Crepes are my favorite, served with a small fresh salad. My husband likes the Beef Bourguignone and the Kobe Burgers with frites. The menu does change and they have specials too.

Portions are good, prices are adequate for the area. The place is clean and nicely decorated in the Parisian theme. Beautiful Bar. The dishes are nicely plated and presented. A man who we assume is the owner was quite nice and so are the bartenders. We highly recommend it. The next time Cooper's Hawk is a zoo, give this place a try.

Reviewed 19 February 2017

Recently enjoyed lunch with a high school friend at L'Eiffel Bistrot in South Barrington. Have been there a few times in the last 2 years and each time we are not disappointed. Waitstaff is attentive and knowledgeable on the menu items. We began our lunch with French Onion Soup; very tasty, nice broth, right portion of cheese ... Delicious! We then opted for quiche; vegetarian for me and Quiche Lorraine for her. Both entrees came with a small side salad; very tasty and a nice touch. Both of our quiche portions were ample ... Especially when compared to the ones I make at home - haha! My vegetarian quiche was loaded with a variety of roasted veggies, the custard very creamy. My friend loved hers! Their luncheon menu offers a very nice variety of dishes and wines, and the atmosphere is perfect for re-energizing after shopping while enjoying good food and friendship.