Hotel is undergoing a complete renovation but you'd hardly know if it if weren't for all the signs apologizing for any inconvenience experienced. Our stay was short but we experienced no disturbing noises.
With a makeover in progress I don't know for sure what will change with the rooms as our room was yet to make the construction schedule. The room was spacious enough, had a comfortable queen size bed, plenty of pillows, a kitchenette and table. The only item that I had an issue with was the lack of task lighting for the kitchen area. In order to use the kitchen one had to turn on the room lights, which were quite bright. A couple of task lights in the kitchen would allow one person to prepare something without disturbing another trying to get a little extra sleep time.
Our ride to the airport satisfactory though it would be nice to see some kind of schedule in the morning. The shuttle ran on demand and we just missed it as someone got to the lobby a few minutes before us. We then had to wait about 15 minutes for it to return. The driver missed our airline departure lane so we had to make a second lap around the airport so I'd say to make sure you have sufficient time to allow for the process.
Our return was a little discouraging as we had to wait 40 minutes for the shuttle to pick us up after we called. I had asked before we left about this time and was assured that the shuttle was at most only a short time from any pickup. Also, the shuttle does not have a sign depicting Candlewood Suites on it as they contract with the parking lot next door. Make sure to watch for the van with the parking lot's name on it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Come experience the new Comforts of Home Bedding Collection at the Candlewood Suites Chicago O Hare, an extended stay hotel, offering apartment-like studio and one-bedroom suites, similar to corporate housing. Candlewood Suites Chicago O'Hare, puts the amenities where they really count: in your room. Each suite has a full kitchen complete with microwave and full size refrigerator. Work efficiently at your oversized executive desk using our High Speed Internet. Relax in the overstuffed recliner while you enjoy CD's and movies from our free library. Unwind in our fitness center, while using our free guest laundry, or visit our Candlewood Cupboard. Our setting is the perfect choice for business or leisure travelers. Located only 2 miles from O'Hare Airport we offer free shuttle transportation. We are conveniently located off I-294, only 12 miles from downtown Chicago. Visit Wrigley Field or Soldier Field. McCormick Place and Navy Pier are only a short drive away. If you have a chance to enjoy some free time make sure to visit the Allstate Arena or Rosemont Theatre. The finest dining, shopping and entertainment are only minutes away. We value your privacy, therefore, we provide weekly housekeeping. Whether you are staying for business, pleasure, or relocation, Candlewood Suites Chicago O Hare is ready to serve you! Consider us home! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia APAC, Odigeo and IHG so you can book your Candlewood Suites Chicago O'Hare reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Candlewood Suites Chicago o`Hare Hotel Schiller Park
- Candlewood Suites Schiller Park
- Candlewood Schiller Park
- Schiller Park Candlewood Suites