“It was delicious but noisy.”
Review of P.F. Chang's

P.F. Chang's
Reserve with OpenTable
P.F. Chang's is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #37 of 369 Restaurants in Schaumburg
Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Reservations
Description: P.F. Chang's is a restaurant concept that honors the 2,000-year-old Asian tradition of wok cooking and believes in making food from scratch every day in every restaurant. With a Farm to Wok food philosophy at its core, P.F. Chang's chefs hand-roll dim sum, hand chop and slice all vegetables and meats, handcraft every sauce and wok-cook each recipe, every day in every restaurant using fresh ingredients. With roots in Chinese cooking, the culinary landscape at P.F. Chang's now stretches across Asia with diverse, culturally inspired recipes including hand-rolled sushi, Vietnamese-style soups and bowls, traditional Chinese dim sum, wok-fired chicken and beef entrees, and family style noodles and rice. All made from scratch every day.
Reviewed 3 April 2017

I guess I should know that a chain restaurant is going to be noisy but it was hard to hold a conversation. The food was great. I had a surf and turf with lobster and steak. It had asparagus and potatoes and mushrooms in it. Served with rice. It was delicious. My husband had orange chicken and he loved it as well. We also had steamed dumplings. They were great too. The only bad part was the server. He was very nice but not as attentive. I needed water and never got a refill. He was busy but we couldn't really find him and he didn't seem to check back in a timely fashion. We were also finished for a while before he came to check on us.

Reviewed 31 March 2017 via mobile

The service for lunch was excellent, but the food was so so. The Kung Pao Chicken was bland and the portion was small. My wife had Sweet and Sour Chicken. She thought it was just OK. The Egg Rolls also lacked flavor. If you want authentic Chinese Food, find a traditional Chinese Restaurant.

Reviewed 14 March 2017

Went out after work on a Tuesday arrived about 5 pm. No wait got sat right away. The hostess was chewing on her gum so gross, Happy hour was from 3-6. We got the sushi, chicken egg rolls (2 orders) Pork Dumplings, brown rice, dynamite shrimp, Lettuce wraps, Everything was great. We had a great server named Aleixs or (Alexia), I just wish that they would bring the food out together and not little by little. Some of the stuff was supposed to be eaten with the rice. Reasonably priced we had a few beers with our food. Upon departure the hostess was still chomping on her gum. BIG NO NO

Reviewed 22 February 2017

My husband and I went to eat Sunday afternoon @ Chang's. We had amazing service. They were really busy, but still managed to get our order out to us in a very timely manner. We had a very pleasant waitress. I wish I had gotten her name. Super nice lady. We will definitely go back again!

Reviewed 15 February 2017

We had been told that P.F Chang's was not really a Chinese restaurant, but a "trendy" place to go for "Chinese inspired food". After our dinner we agree with that evaluation. On Valentines evening the restaurant was packed. The wait staff did their best to tell everyone that the kitchen was "backed up" due to the crowd. and that "the food would be out shortly" But, the wait for our food was just VERY long. The noise level in the small area was way over the top. My wife could not hear me when I was talking, unless I got right in her face.
The food is NOT authentic Chinese. The Fried Rice with Beef was a VERY large portion, but it had sugar on it and the beef was tough..
The egg rolls were only average. My salmon was very good, but the rice with it was cold. Our waiter, Jerret, tried hard to make up for the problems in the kitchen, and got me some hot rice. He was very good through it all, but he could not make up for the mistakes in the slow kitchen. Our dessert of New York style Cheesecake was the hit of the evening.
In summary, there are many fine Chinese restaurants in the area, one of which is rated number one in the area. As my wife said after we left, ":well dear, you tried for a Valentines Day Celebration, but this was not your best present of the day: