“Home away from home”

Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Chicago Schaumburg
Ranked #20 of 29 Hotels in Schaumburg
Reviewed 13 October 2017

Always the first place I book for my stay in the Schaumburg area. Friendly accommodating staff. I've lost count home many times I've stayed coming and going from FL to CO and Co to FL. Already have my spring stay booked.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham
Francisca H, Director of Sales at Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Chicago Schaumburg, responded to this reviewResponded 16 October 2017

Dear Linda,

Thank you for being a Loyal Wyndham Rewards member. We really appreciate your positive, 5 Star review. I'm so glad that our friendly and accommodating staff has earned your repeat business. We value you so much, for thinking of us as your little "home away from home."

We're looking forward to seeing you again in the spring. We hope you have a wonderful winter in the warmer weather of Florida. Thank you again!

Reviewed 7 October 2017

Stayed here for a week and would NEVER return. Hotel is clean enough (except for filthy hallway carpet), but just awful. Bed was lumpy and very creaky every time you moved. A/C was old, could not regulate the temperature in the room, and was so loud it drowned out the TV to the point I would have had to turn the volume up to a level that would have annoyed neighbors. I didn't have a decent night sleep the whole time I was there as a result. Bath amenities were NEVER replenished during my entire one week stay; I was expected to last 7 days on one small bar of soap, one small bottle of shampoo and one small bottle of conditioner. Some days they failed to empty the trash; one day they left it on the desk for me! The regular coffee was NEVER replenished; every day I had to go the front desk to request more and the housekeeper STILL wasn't reminded to keep it replenished. When there were issues, rather than someone coming to my room to assist, I was RUDELY told I would have to go the front desk (to get more coffee, towels, supplies, etc.). ZERO customer service. I specifically called to ask if they had a hot breakfast to assure I could have protein in the morning (not just a continental breakfast) and they said yes, but what was presented was barely edible; the sausage on the days they had it was hard to the touch. The bacon must have been sliced with a razor blade, as I've never seen bacon so thin; felt/tasted like plastic. It seemed there was never anyone at the front desk; I had to stand there and wait for 10 minutes just to check out! And to top it all off, when I returned to my room from my business Friday, the room hadn't been made. When I called front desk to report it, I was told there is no house cleaning on the weekends. WHAT? There is NO mention of that on their website! False advertising! There is a card in the room I hadn't noticed that says they will do a "light touch" cleaning and a "full cleaning" on your 5th day (which I NEVER received), but there are no services on the weekend. I strongly feel that should have been disclosed on the website. When traveling for business or pleasure, who wants to come back to their room after a long day and have to do their own housecleaning? You can imagine by the time I left on Monday, the trash can was overflowing, and the room was starting to smell like the deep dish pizza remnants I had thrown away, due to the lack of service for 3 days.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham
Francisca H, Manager at Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Chicago Schaumburg, responded to this reviewResponded 10 October 2017

Thank you so much for your feed back. We appreciate your concerns and hope you will review the website again to see all of our great amenities and policies in regards to housekeeping schedules. I have shared this review with our team and we are investigating each of your bullet points.

Reviewed 7 October 2017

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham
Francisca H, Director of Sales at Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Chicago Schaumburg, responded to this reviewResponded 10 October 2017

Reviewed 4 October 2017

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family

Reviewed 25 September 2017

The hotel is just ok. It is in need of a remodel. Location is great and the staff is even better. Just a tired building with not very comfortable beds.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham
Francisca H, Director of Sales at Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Chicago Schaumburg, responded to this reviewResponded 26 September 2017

Hello Jeremy,
Thank you very much for taking the time to share your review with us -- we appreciate your loyalty in our Wyndham Rewards Program.

I'm delighted to hear that our staff was helpful and friendly -
it truly brightens our day. We're sorry we did not meet your expectations during your stay with regards to your bed comfort. My apologies for any inconveniences you may have experienced due to this.

If there is anything we can do, to make your next stay with us more enjoyable, please get in touch at your earliest convenience.