When I first checked in here with my two pets no one offered me any assistance with any of my many belongings. A good friend of mine with a disability helped me slowly set up my tiny chair and my pieces of luggage but it was clear and evident that we both needed help and none was offered. I first used hotels.com to get a decent price but I did realize this was a lower end chain and the carpeting here smelled stale and moldy so the price seemed fair to me at the time. I have been traveling with my pets for three years and living in all types of seasons so I have collected winter, spring and summer clothes yet no one here at the property offered us a hand. I am then going to state that upon check in no one at the front desk told me about a free shuttle service that is available to guests from 7am till about 11:00 am then stops running till 4pm and resumes service with a cut off time of 7pm. These hours are not set in stone and provides you with one one way trip only so you have to wait a full hour if you want a return trip back to the property. Now another thing that is irritating is you can have that FREE service but you have to make sure to tell the front desk way way in advance or they will send the driver home early. I did have one ride that literally knocked me off my seat. The driver had to make a real hard sharp turn that knocked me off my seat so be sure you strap your seat belt on or you might get hurt. If there aren't enough requests or if the driver has a family emergency which does happen often you won't be able to use this free shuttle service at the time you need. I was also not informed that between Tuesday through Thursdays there is a light dinner snack prepared for the guests between 4:30 pm till 6:30 pm not particularly healthy but easy frozen finger foods and some inferior quality salad is available including pepsi products and sugary snacks. Breakfast is stale bagels, eggs, poor quality sausage links and muffins and pop tarts. You can make your own waffles and pancakes every morning from around 6 am till 9am then they quickly put everything away by 9am on weekdays or 10 am on weekends. The food is nothing special but it is available. During my stay my door broke down a total of three times so maintenance repaired it. Plumbing here is horrible so there were times my toilet was not working properly and my kitchen sink and bathroom sinks were constantly draining slow. I asked Christina if I could get a special weekly rate to keep my costs low but she insisted that they never offer extended stay rates just daily rates. During my final week here a guest let me know they were paying 1200 each month but in order to get that special rate you have to speak to Francesca in sales or you will end up paying a higher daily rate. Air quality here is extremely poor and I developed severe sinus pain and chronic headaches. After 45 days here I was told my room had been sold out so I left with my belongings and felt upset that no one kept my room available to me. I do not feel the staff here is organized nor is housekeeping up to par. Even though I paid close to 100 or more a night I was not given daily cleaning of my room. This hotel simply does not have the staff available to keep up with their guest's housekeeping needs.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Chicago Schaumburg is located in the heart of the Schaumburg Business District. The property features a 500 sq. ft. breakfast area and lounge where our enthusiastic staff serves full hot breakfast buffets and evening manager's receptions. Next to the our free guest laundry area is our completely renovated exercise room that features new flooring, lighting, mirrors, equipment and a motivating mural. But before you even check in at the contemporary front desk in our new lobby or visit our fully-equipped business center, you will be welcomed by the upgraded landscaping, resurfaced parking lot, and freshly painted building exterior. Our location is a perfect choice for both business and leisure travelers. We are located near major highways, minutes from O'Hare Airport, Chicago, Woodfield Mall, Ikea, Medieval Times, Schaumburg Flyers and the Willow Creek Church. The area is also home to such businesses as Motorola, Zurich, Texas Instruments, Verizon, IBM and ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Evoline ltd, lastminute.com.au, Expedia APAC, Wotif.com, Hooroo Pty Ltd, Hotels.com, HotelQuickly, TripOnline SA and Cancelon so you can book your Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Chicago Schaumburg reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Candlewood Suites Chicago Schaumburg Hotel Schaumburg
- Candlewood Suites Schaumburg
- Candlewood Schaumburg
- Schaumburg Candlewood Suites