“Very, very average food - less than average wine list”
Review of Melt Henley

Melt Henley
Ranked #26 of 47 Restaurants in Henley Beach
Description: Melt Henley now open - bookings accepted online
Description: Melt Henley now open - bookings accepted online
Reviewed 6 April 2018

Service was excellent. Had chicken wings, pork belly & pizza. Pizza was small size - pork bell was drastically overdone - tough and chewy. Staff not interested in complaint.

Definitely cannot recommend and will not return !!!

1  Thank akhadan

Reviewed 5 April 2018 via mobile

Well we went to Melt with our expectations clearly set too high. We had the $45 p/h tapas and pizza deal. Tapas were just OK...nothing to write home about.. and the two pizzas were nice (had the prawn based one and the hot peppery salami one - cant recall the name). They were however small. With two bottles if wine and 3 beers our bill for four was $320 which I thought was pricey for what we had. The setting was very nice and the restaurant was packed so im obviously a loner in my thoughts. Id probably give it a another go in a few months. PS The staff were great!

1  Thank Chris M
Reviewed 4 April 2018 via mobile

You guys are bad !!!!!!! How dare you delete my Facebook comments. It's all true. It's worst pizza I never had in my life. Only 2 prawns and extremely thin scallop. And cost 28 box. Hahaha are you kidding me?????
Never ever go back.
I suggest everybody go to domino pizza.

2  Thank Tony C
Reviewed 3 April 2018

Having dined at Melt - KWR and Waymouth Street, I was looking forward to enjoying some great food in this new branch of Melt. How wrong I was. Restaurant was packed - and given the beautiful location and fit-out of the restaurant, was not surprised. We were a table of four and ordered 3 tapas, 2 pizzas and a side. We ordered our drinks, which promptly arrived, followed by our tapas, which also promptly arrived. For the price you pay, the octopus salad had about 4 pieces of octopus and the haloumi tapas had 2 small pieces to be shared between 4 people! The pork belly, of which we ordered a further piece, was enjoyable, but definitely had better. We then ordered a further round of drinks. After two gentle reminders - 30 minutes later they arrived (with apologies and noting they would not be charged to our account) but the pizzas still had not arrived. Once again a gentle reminder and a further 15 minutes later we received one of them, the crab pizza or should I call it 'find the crab pizza'. I think there was more corn on there than crab. Way overpriced! After a further reminder, our second pizza arrived. As one of our guests was gluten intolerant, we ordered the gluten free base on the 'vegan' pizza. This one, although there was far more topping and more flavor, we were unable to cut the pizza with a knife and fork due to the texture of the base. The pear, rocket and ricotta salad was enjoyable - but if you cannot get such a simple salad right, there is something seriously wrong. Deserts were offered, but we were in no mood to spend more money at this establishment. Then the bill arrived, $185 for 3 tapas, 2 pizzas, a salad a couple of beers and some soft drinks was ridiculous!

So, unless you want to pay for a view, I would suggest you try somewhere else.

What a shame .....

1  Thank LovetoDine1967
Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

My partner and I went to Melt and I had a big expectation on having great food. I was very disappointed with what we ordered. The pizza was flat, dry and the base had no taste. We also order the spinach salad which on the menu said it had tomatoes and cheese, that was the most disappointing salad I have ever had, no tomatoes and not much cheese. It was just a bowl of spinach. The only best part about Melt was the view.

1  Thank Melisa I