“Terrible shape due to construction and poor service”

Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, St. Charles
Ranked #9 of 11 Hotels in Saint Charles
Reviewed 28 February 2016

Booked a block of rooms for a large gathering. No warning about the construction from the hotel - should have read the recent reviews. Hotel is a disaster zone right now (Feb 2016) - can't even see the front entrance. Hot tub is broken. Construction noise and debris throughout property. Hotel staff failed to go the extra mile to make up for the problems. Rather than being proactive about fixing issues ahead of time, staff ignored problems until they were pointed out. Getting towels to the rooms or to the pool took repeated calls to the front desk.
Avoid staying at this hotel until construction is complete. Hotel won't notify you that it is under construction - so pay attention to reviews.

Room Tip: Avoid until construction is complete
  • Stayed: February 2016, travelled with friends
Jeff J, Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, St. Charles, responded to this reviewResponded 2 March 2016

Dear valued guest,
We are very sorry your recent stay with us was unsatisfactory. Renovations at the property are noted on all websites as well as discussed with guests prior to your arrival, I am sorry you were not made well aware of the circumstances. The reservation were booked at a highly discounted rate as well as the front desk agent compensating two of the six rooms, the front desk agent tried her best to remedy the situation by waiving room charges for two of the rooms. We hope to have you as our guest again in the future and make sure your stay is much more enjoyable.

There are newer reviews for Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, St. Charles

Reviewed 27 February 2016

Hard to tell on site that there is construction. Materials everywhere. Ants in room. Had to switch. Hot tub broken. Booked here for pool. Pool broken too. Fire alarms set off by const. Dusty hallways. No fire exits

Reviewed 25 February 2016

This hotel is under major renovations and is a nightmare! There was a tarp over my window which blew so loudly constantly that I could not sleep at all. I requested a room without a tarp and was told there were not any available. I ended up having to switch hotels (costing more than I had budgeted for this trip!) and it was very inconvient. There was never any attempt to remedy the situation or even offer a discount for my horrible nights rest. I'm sure once the renovations are complete it may be a decent hotel but this experience was enough for me to never return. Traveler beware!

Review collected in partnership with Country Inns & Suites By Carlson
Jeff J, Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, St. Charles, responded to this reviewResponded 26 February 2016

My sincerest apologies for the dissatisfaction you encountered while staying with us. It is our desire to ensure that every guest staying with us is truly satisfied with their stay no matter what the circumstances may be and I am sorry this was not achieved. We hope that you will come back to our hotel once renovations are completed so that you can see the wonderful results.

Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Reviewed 23 February 2016

So I drove 6 hours from Michigan to this hotel, comes to find out that my reservation was canceled due to hotel constructions. They didn't bother to inform me before, and they waited until I arrived to inform me with the great news. They called another hotel around the area, and asked them if they will honor my rate, which they did. So I asked the front desk employee if they had an indoor pool at the other hotel, she said no, bit it doesn't matter because their pool doesn't work anyway. It was just ridiculous the unprofessionalism this hotel management has.

Review collected in partnership with Country Inns & Suites By Carlson
Jeff J, Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, St. Charles, responded to this reviewResponded 24 February 2016

Dear Gino,
I am very sorry your reservation was cancelled due to the renovations. The staff called the phone number on file as soon as our issue was found in hopes of saving you a bit of a headache, I am sorry we were unable to inform you of the issue prior to your arrival. Thank you for booking with us, we hope to see you again in the future when the construction is complete.

Reviewed 11 February 2016

I frequently stay at Country inns because they offer a good value for your money. While this hotel was ok, they were doing construction the whole time I was there and my window had a blue tarp across it so I couldn't even see outside.Also, the tv and internet were regularly being knocked out due to the construction. On the positive side the hotel is convieniently located and the breakfast was good. Hopefully once the construction is done this will be a nice hotel.

• Stayed: February 2016, travelled on business
Jeff J, Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, St. Charles, responded to this reviewResponded 13 February 2016

Dear Jim,
Thank you for staying with us during your recent trip to St. Charles, IL. We are extremely sorry for the issues you experienced due to the construction. We hope to see you again in the future when the project is completed.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Saint Charles
Comfort Inn & Suites
#2 of 2 in Geneva
4.7 km away
The Herrington Inn & Spa

Been to Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, St. Charles? Share your experiences!