New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Review of Hilton Rosemont / Chicago O'Hare

Hilton Rosemont / Chicago O'Hare
Ranked #8 of 18 Hotels in Rosemont
South Bend, Indiana
“Good location, clean room, friendly staff”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 December 2011

My 15 year old daughter and I recently stayed here on a trip to see a concert at Rosemont Theatre. Parking was only $18 for 24 hours and we parked in the lot next to the hotel, very close to walk to the entrance. The theatre was only ~3 walking blocks away. The staff was friendly, even taking our picture in front of the lobby Christmas tree.

I knew this going in, but it was still disappointing not to have free wi-fi access. We did get a cord from the front desk to hook the netbook up, but for the life of me I could not find anyplace to put the cord in the wall. The desk chair would slowly drop when you sat down. Many Hilton hotels offer free breakfast, this did not.

We drove to Des Plaines and ate there a few times. In and out privileges in the parking lot was a godsend.

Room Tip: I asked for an upgrade upon checking in because we were there for my daughters 16 birthday. The lad...
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank travelingchef2011
GordonHumbert, General Manager at Hilton Rosemont / Chicago O'Hare, responded to this review, 13 December 2011
Dear Guest,
Thanks for your posting. Although there is a charge for wifi in guest rooms, I apologize if our front desk team didn't explain upon check-in that we do offer free wifi in our lobby, restaurant, bar and business center.
I'm sorry that you didn't receive a corner room after our front desk agent said she would provide one. This will be reviewed with them so it doesn't happen again.
We're glad you selected our hotel to help celebrate your daughter's birhtday, and hope you will return when traveling to our area again.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (120)
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
Loganville, Georgia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 December 2011

I recently traveled to Chicago for business and had the opportunity to stay at the Hilton. It is approximately 1.5 miles from the airport and I was quite surprise that I didn't hear any airplanes!

The room was very nice, clean, and had the latest decor. The bed was extremely comfortable and there were a sufficient number of plugs to charge my two cell phones and laptop. The hotel staff was nice as well. I do appreciate the use of my name during each encounter. My biggest problem is that I had to pay for EVERYTHING. WiFi was $9.95, parking was $18.00 per day (which was ridiculous) and a bagel, cup of coffee and fruit was over $20.00...for real???? I've stayed at a lot of hotels and I guess I was just suprised to have to pay $18.00 per day for parking..maybe that's just me. Charging for WiFi seems to be common now - but again I think it should be free.

One thing I really liked were the two reading lights at the top of the bed - made for some good reading at night without the use of the bright lamps.

Overall - the Hilton was a very nice and comfortable hotel to stay in.

Room Tip: $18.00 per day for parking. Charge for WiFi No free continental breakfast :)
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled on business
3 Thank naturalbronzeQT
Dear Guest,
Thanks for taking the time to post a review of our hotel. I'm glad you found the accomodations to your liking and that our staff was so friendly.
The fee for parking is competitive with the other hotels in our immediate area, and in some cases less. I'm sorry if you found it to be too expensive. WIFI is free to our guests in the lobby, restaurant, bar and business center, although there is a fee to use it in a guest room. This fee also is competitive with the other hotels in our market.
We're glad that overall you found our hotel to be nice and a comfortable place to stay, and hope you will stay with us again when returining to the Rosemont/O'Hare area.
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 November 2011

Only stayed one night having arrived of a long haul flight. Had a stand by upgrade to a suite which we got and was a godsend with an infant. On arrival at O'Hare T5 with an infant and a lot of luggage we were faced with the major problem of how to transport the luggage and the infant to T3 to the Bus Pick Up point without a trolley. Not an issue it turned out. One quick call and the ever helpful shuttle bus came to us. Hotel is recently refurbished and, surprisingly for a hotel of this size, has very friendly and helpful staff that go out of their way to make you feel at home.

The space of the suite was a relief after the long haul flight and gave the toddler space to move before finally going off to bed to leave the adults to enjoy a relaxing room service meal and drink in the other room.

The package also allowed for a room service breakfast at no extra charge which is particularly valuable with a lively toddler in tow! The staff ensured we had everything we needed from a crib to a high chair.

Have stayed "across the road" before but have to say much prefer this Hilton due to the friendliness of the staff, the ease of getting there by shuttle and much better value than its bigger brother in the airport.

I know where we'll be staying next time we go through O'Hare

Room Tip: If you get offered a standby upgrade go for it. Might get it, might not but great value if you do.
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank maglil55
GordonHumbert, General Manager at Hilton Rosemont / Chicago O'Hare, responded to this review, 30 November 2011
Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time write about your good experience at the Hilton Rosemont. We're delighted that you enjoyed your accomodations as well as room service breakfast. I'm glad that you found our staff friendly and that they made you feel at home....that's what it's all about in the hospitality business.
We look forward to welcoming you back on your next trip to the Chicago/O'Hare area..
Fairfield, Connecticut
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 November 2011

I stayed here while attending a friend's wedding recently. Very convenient to O'Hare and the EL station into the city. The rooms are quiet, clean and modern. Bathroom is clean and the toiletries are very nice. Not the cheapest around the neighborhood but definitely worth the stay if you want something above the normal "convention" place.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled solo
2 Thank swl4073
Dear Guest,
Thanks for your posting. We're pleased that you found the hotel clean, quiet and modern. Many of our guest's also tell us this, and so we appreciate that you shared your comments on Trip Advisor.
We hope you return to the Hilton Rosemont on future trips to the O'Hare/Rosemont area.
New York City, New York
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 November 2011

I arrived late at O'Hare, thinking we were going to the famous O'Hare Hilton, a noted
prison-like hotel in the middle of the airport. No. Indeed, we were going to the Rosemont Hilton. The bad news: you have to drive a couple of miles, not walk. The good news: it is a
very relaxed place, with not too much traffic, and it is quiet. It is in sort of a hotel ghetto on that side of the airport--every other building around it is a hotel. But, the services were ok, and the room clean, and the bed comfortable, and the wi-fi was free and worked well. For the price I paid ($159) it wasn't bad. Free shuttle to the airport, too (but no free coffee in the morning!)

• Stayed November 2011, travelled on business
Dear Guest,
Thanks for your posting. The Hilton Rosemont is the newest of the Hilton Family of Brand property's in the O'Hare/Rosemont area, and we're glad you stayed with us. We hope you consider lodging with us again when traveling to our area.