“Friends weekly get together”
Review of Louie's Tap House

Louie's Tap House
Ranked #17 of 39 Restaurants in Roscoe
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

We meet Thursday after golf or when not golfing just to talk. Louie's is one of the restaurants we go to. Had the lunch special today. It was a Greek Gyro w/ chips. We all had it but with fries. It was good but could use more of the Greek sauce. Had to use knife and fork to eat. Couldn't fold like have done w/ other Gyros. Fries were fresh and hot. We'll be back.

Reviewed 10 November 2017 via mobile

Even though the service was a tad slow I have to say the reuben sandwich I had was the best I’ve EVER HAD! I can’t wait to have another one. Their “ homemade” potato chips were also very good. I’m glad we took a friend for her birthday.

Reviewed 22 June 2017

The hubby and I like to go here for date night. On Friday nights we like to stop in for a late night bite to eat, then stay for the live bands and have a few drinks. The staff is friendly and the place is clean!! Great food....we try something different every time we have dinner!

Reviewed 14 June 2017

While not a bar stool regular, been there multiple times to see the food quality really shifting from being a great unique place for some different dishes to the last visit where it left me saying "Be back for the beer, though let's eat before we get here." The service was also the worst. She had a very soft voice, so could barely hear her. The crab ragoon is suppose to be one of the best in Rockford. I would bet that it is made with canned tuna. It was lousy at best. The Chinese salad was tasteless, though the seared tuna was done perfect. Visits before were pleasant with the seared tuna appetizer and the vegetarian panini. Please put the right people in the kitchen that care for doing the recipes consistently and timely. Love to see this place make a go of it for a long time.

Reviewed 2 June 2017 via mobile

We live in the area and like to spend our $$ at local places so we were eager to try Louie's. Here are my thoughts so far-

1st visit- we ate in the dining room. It was oddly spaced out and had little privacy from one table to the next. But we thought the beer/wine/drink menu on the monitors was clever, you could also use your smartphone and check out the app. Our server was very attentive and the drinks were great! My husband had a burger and I had a salmon salad. His burger was over cooked, he asked for it medium and it came well done. He chose not to send it back because he was so hungry, but normally we would have. My salmon salad was very tasty. Good visit overall.

2nd visit- went with friends to grab a few drinks on a Saturday evening. The bar was completely packed and it was raining outside, so the patio was not an option. We left and went to Poison Ivy.

3rd visit - husband and I went to have dinner and a drink. This time we chose to sit on the patio and enjoy the beautiful weather. Again, the drinks were good and our server was attentive. But the patio atmosphere definitely needs work. Other patrons were smoking continually, the old golf course is quite an eye sore, and with no background music all you could hear was everyone else's conversations. Our food was not as good this time- I had the chopped Asian salad and my hubby had the Mac n cheese. Both were ok, not great.

We will probably be back, but are going to be hopeful for some minor improvements on atmosphere and food consistency.