“Yummy Thai food!”

Thai Hut Restaurant
Ranked #36 of 360 Restaurants in Rockford
Price range: USD 8 - USD 15
Cuisines: Thai
Description: Thai food is well known for hot and spicy taste. In reality it is a combination of sweet, sour, salty, and spicy tastes is what makes Thaifood unique. It is outstanding in term of tastes, high nutritional values and the diverse of herbs and spices that useful for health.
Reviewed 12 July 2016

This restaurant is in a shopping mall area, don't let that stop you from visiting. It is decorated nicely and was very clean. The food was wonderful, very fresh and flavorful. We love Thai food and although we are not experts on the cuisine it was some of the best we have tasted. The wait staff was friendly and helpful in the ordering process. I asked them to leave out the onions in my dish and that was not a problem. Always appreciate when you can get a dish the way I like it!

Reviewed 2 March 2016

This is the only thai restaurant that I could find in the neighborhood. they have average lunch choices and good atmosphere.

Cons:
I am a big fan of Thai Tom Yum soup, but this place hasn't perfection the Tom Yum soup.

Reviewed 20 October 2015

I am from Rockford but live in Berkeley, have not lived in Rockford since before 2000. So I grew up not expecting much from local cuisine, particularly since I now live in the food mecca that is the Bay Area.

While I still love the food where I currently live I am consistently gratified to find out how many really good options have popped up in Rockford since I left. When I was a kid the opening of a single Thai restaurant actually made the newspaper due to it's novelty...now there are a number of choices. I had the good fortune to discover this one on my last trip and have to say it's on par or better than many of the Thai options in San Francisco.

I visited with my mother, she had the lunch combo with salad (too sweet) and I with the tom yum soup (very nicely spiced). Followed up with the standbys, she with Pad Thai Chicken and me with Tofu green Curry. Both were spiced just right, very nice veggies and rich Thai flavors.

I'm glad that Rockford has great Thai options like this!

Reviewed 11 September 2015 via mobile

I don't do Thai food much, but really enjoyed the Red Curry with Chicken that I ordered. It's nice that they have a way for you to specify a degree of spiciness (scale of 1 to 5) when ordering. Our party of 10 was easily accommodated for a Sunday evening dinner.

Reviewed 3 August 2015

Ive been going here for about 5 years now and keep going back because the food is awesome!! I like the chicken Pad Thai and drunken noodles. Give the place a shot.