“Best Chinese food in Rockford”
Review of Great Wall

Great Wall
Ranked #161 of 381 Restaurants in Rockford
Cuisines: Chinese
Reviewed 19 October 2016

Growing up in NYC both my wife and I were used to really good Chinese food (at least what we Americans call Chinese food). We have lived in many places and when we moved to Rockford we tried several of the Chinese restaurants in town and when we found Great Wall we knew we had found the place for us. The food is always excellent, prices very modest, and the service and staff uniformly excellent. The barbeque ribs are especially good to order, as is the Pork Fried Rice.

Reviewed 7 August 2016 via mobile

Went there for lunch got a lunch box meal and the side were so old and over cooked it was not funny. Burnt also, I couldn't eat the food either didn't taste like they made it fresh. I really do not see a ton of cars there either, but I'm sure if I would to go in and eat it may be different I would hope.

Reviewed 14 July 2016 via mobile

Used TripAdvisor to verify quality of restaurant near hotel. Made a mistake. The service was fine. The food came out quick, so we figured it was microwaved. Crab/cream cheese ragoons, but no crab. We got a dish with a variety of seafood soaked in tasteless sauce. My husband loves Chinese food, but his comment was that he has had better good on a buffet. Would NOT return.

Reviewed 25 April 2016

My friend, husband and I went to the Great Wall prior to a Chinese show (Shen Yu) to keep the theme going. The cocktails prior to dinner were nondescript...maybe they got the order wrong. They looked Hawaiian-y but tasted awful.(How can a MaiTai taste like koolaid?) The Dishes supposedly served in a chow mien noodle bowl were bland and the 'bowl' must have been fried in old oil and was not edible. My Mongolian beef (my usual favorite) was greasy. Service was pleasant and well paced. Atmosphere was thematic except for the side table with knickknacks for sale which gave it a tacky air. It was a terrible disappointment.

Reviewed 18 December 2015

At one time the premier Chinese restaurant in Rockford. Getting a little "tattered" around the edges.

1  Thank Robert S

Been to Great Wall? Share your experiences!