“Good sushi”

Spider Sushi Bar
Ranked #38 of 395 Restaurants in Rockford
Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Description: Enjoy the lunch specials available at The Spider Sushi Bar. As a local, family-owned and operated bar and restaurant, we have been providing amazing sushi rolls and teriyaki cuisine in Rockford, IL since 2008.
Reviewed 7 July 2017 via mobile

A friend of mine at work recommended Spider Sushi for lunch. The sushi is very good, usually I get the spicy tuna and salmon rolls. These rolls were very good and definitely worth getting again.

Service was good and always asking about how the food was. Very good sushi in the Rockford area.

Reviewed 23 May 2017

First time going, and we will likely return. The waitstaff instantly greeted us upon arrival and seated us. The dining area was clean but a little dated. We ordered our drinks and meal and it was not long before I got the miso soup which I have only had a few times but this had the best flavor of any. Our sushi rolls were fresh and good. Not the best in Rockford but pretty good all the same. Our overall experience was good enough that I would recommend them to a friend or two!

Reviewed 13 April 2017

This is one of my favorite places to go if I want to treat myself to a nicer sit down restaurant. I typically get a bento entree and a couple of rolls. The sushi is always very well prepared and fresh, and the entrees hot and yummy. I've never had a problem with getting a seat quickly and the staff is always friendly and usually pretty good about dropping by for check in and refills. I highly recommend it if you like sushi, reasonably priced usually about 5ish dollars for your basic rolls (usually 8 pieces) and then your more delux rolls is about 10-14 depending on whats in it.

Reviewed 17 February 2017 via mobile

Stopped in about 7pm without reservations to a full house. We were seated within 10 minutes. Drinks were delivered and sushi was ordered within 10 minutes after sitting. Sushi rolls arrived in a reasonable time. I had a salmon roll and a calamari roll. My wife had an eel roll, her favorite. Thayer were all nice, rice texture was excellent. We also had miso soup, nice. Check was quickly available on request.

Reviewed 14 February 2017

We had tried their carryout before, but we ate at the restaurant for the first time on a Friday night. We were thrilled that there was no wait, and every single item we tasted was delectable. The service was very attentive and friendly. My two tiny complaints: no soy sauce on the table and the lighting was very bright, especially with white floors.