“A Step Back in Time”
Review of Winkings

Winkings
Ranked #30 of 144 Restaurants in Quincy
Reviewed 26 June 2018

We stopped here to grab a Sandwich for a lite lunch as we had plans for a big Dinner. We walked in and my wife said "Oh My God" This tiny place was packed with Construction Workers, Businessmen, Senior Citizens and other people waiting to get their lunch. While waiting our turn, we noticed a very old ice box fillled with dairy products, a penny candy wall behind the register and a ole fashion meat case. It was like stepping back to when I was a child and was in the meat market near our house (if only I had a couple of pop bottles to trade for candy) When it came our turn, I ordered a ham and cheese sandwich, and the wife got a chef salad, we paid (less than $9.00 for the sandwich, salad and a bottle of ice tea) and went to our car to eat (they do not have any seating in the store) While eating my piled high, thin sliced ham sandwich and the wife her salad, we remarked at all the traffic going in and coming out with brown paper sacks. It is a popular place for lunch. If you are in Quincy and want an inexpensive lite lunch, you have to try this place, or if you just want to relive your childhood stop in and check out their candy wall. Either way put this on your to do list..

Reviewed 1 March 2018 via mobile

A unique old time corner store with an amazing selection of meats and cheeses to make any combination sandwich you like!! Very knowledgeable and friendly. The hot beef was amazing. Also a crazy selection of unique beverages. Don’t forget dessert!! Cheesecake! I wish we had taken some pictures:/

Reviewed 11 April 2017

Quaint family owned corner market that offers groceries, freshly sliced meats and sandwiches made to order. Big selection of candy for the kids too!

Reviewed 22 July 2016

This place is a great place to go get a quick sandwich and the price is incredible. Not a sit in place but a definate quick stop for lunch. It is family friendly and highly recommend it!!

Reviewed 21 May 2016

traditional corner shop the food smelled and tasted great. bit small and limited legal parking - not good during lunch rush This is a take out convenience store with real food to go.