“NEVER AGAIN”

La Gondola Spaghetti House
Ranked #49 of 144 Restaurants in Quincy
Cuisines: Italian
Reviewed 14 May 2018

This place is gross! I am used to the La Gondola in Galesburg, IL, so this place was quite a surprise. The staff is beyond rude and the place was disgusting. The woman who took our order was very short and seemed angry that we even had the nerve to show up (40 minutes before they were closing). We still finished eating and walked out the door a full 15 minutes before they were due to close. As soon as we walked out the door they locked it behind us and shut off lights......15 minutes early. Just about every booth you came to had rips everywhere on the cushions and unidentifiable funk stuck in random places on the table and cushions. The bathroom floor was full of disgusting things falling out/off of the wall. The food was okay, but they trays they put them on were NASTY looking and the silverware was spotty and gross. The trays looked like mechanics handled them daily and no one ever bothered doing a thorough scrubbing on them. I really wish I had a picture of that........ because it just blew me away they had any repeat customers after people see the filth that their food comes off of. I would never step foot in the door of this eating establishment again.

Reviewed 14 April 2018 via mobile

The building does show it age but the food tainted great. I had the lasagna with a meat sauce. The sauce had a sweetness to it that was a pleasant surprise. The portion was good sized and filling. I’m glad I stopped in.

Reviewed 30 March 2018 via mobile

Food was good but expensive for a fast food type of setting. The building was old and needed lots of updates. You order your food at a counter and pick it up on a tray when it's ready. There is vintage decor/atmosphere that looks neat but clashes with the "McDonald's" approach of service.

Reviewed 21 October 2017 via mobile

Ordered takeout based on a recommendation. Had the hot sicilian. It was very good. Would definitely order it again.

Reviewed 18 October 2017

Extremely large place, you can tell that at one time, maybe 20 years ago, this
was a place to go.
The Food was good, and hot. But you order at a window, and then you pick it up

I was there for lunch, so I don't know if dinner is handled the same way

Price of food was fair