“Busy, Busy, Place”

Village Inn
Ranked #28 of 143 Restaurants in Quincy
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 3 October 2018

Busy on a Sunday mid-morning, but minimal wait. Hubby had corned beef hash; declared as WONDERFUL. Over-easy eggs cooked as ordered (some places hesitate to serve eggs with runny centers). Place was clean and bright, service efficient, but never felt as we should be in a hurry to leave. I was able to order a couple of sides rather than a complete meal - a plus for the smaller appetite. Would have preferred a side of ham, but was told they were having supplier issues, so opted for Canadian bacon. It was a bit overcooked and dry, but was fine. We'll be back!

Reviewed 12 August 2018 via mobile

We stopped in for a later dinner and found a gem. The food was very good and the price was reasonable. Good menu with a wide selection. Service was good and the waitress was nice and very helpful with her suggestions. Desert us a nice way to wrap up a good meal.

Reviewed 21 November 2017

I spent two days in Quincy, during November of 2017 and, while I COULD have gone elsewhere, I found that the Village Inn was comfortable, well priced and the food was good enough that I ended up taking all of my meals except for one there. Breakfast any time of day... try the corned beef hash! Waiters and waitresses were always friendly and had a smile on their faces, brought food quickly and had no problems with a special request now an dthen.

The only problem I had we with the pie. I was so full from the dinner that I didn't have room for it, but definitely, next time, me and that Key Lime Pie are going to go a few rounds!

Reviewed 18 November 2017

Food was very fresh and good. Staff is very friendly and helpful and they have very good pies. They have a good selection to choose from. Mom had the fish and I had the pot pie not too big nor too small.

Reviewed 6 October 2017 via mobile

Worse experience of my life in a restaurant. I ordered two eggs ove easy, when they came out, they where so hard they couldn't be eaten. I told our waitress, who told me that they where having problems with the cook being able to cook right because he was new. She sid she would get me different eggs. While that was a point for her offering to get me new eggs, she lost 5 points by telling me, a customer, that there was a problem. In customer servce, you NEVER admit there's a problem, you just fix it. So she brings me new eggs out. They where raw. I told her this, and told her to just deduct the cost of the eggs off our tab. I was going to leave it at that until Jake, the manager came over. He is the worst example of a manager I have ever encountered. I was explaining the problem, he kep over talking and interrupted me more times than I could count. He kept trying to give excuses about the new cook and the problems where having with him, it's not my problem though, and I don't need to hear their businesses issues, again, you FIX the problem. Than, when he finally shut up long enough to hear why there was a problem, he must not have liked it, he turned his back and walked away. As a manger, you NEVER turn your back and walk away from a customer who is already upset, that just plain was rude. So anyway, they comped my meal. We went up to pay for Johns and walked out. I turned to open the door for John, and Jake the rude as hell manager and another employee where at the counter laughing about it.
Another example of POOR customer service, POOR management, POOR ownership, POOR food.
IHOP is on their way to Quincy, competition is coming, so you will have to step up Village Inn, or close your doors. I personally will never step back in that place again, and will tell many people the treatment I received.

Been to Village Inn? Share your experiences!