USD 120
USD 110
Agoda.com
NRMA Sydney Lakeside Holiday Park(North Narrabeen)(Great Value!)
USD 87
USD 83
Priceline
Free cancellation until 28/07
USD 139
USD 126
Quality Hotel Sands Narrabeen(Narrabeen)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 27/07
Free cancellation until 27/07
USD 100
USD 97
Hotels.com
NRMA Ocean Beach Holiday Resort(Umina Beach)(Great Value!)
USD 91
USD 88
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
  • Bar/Lounge
TripAdvisor
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 11 January 2015

My husband & I were looking for a rejuvenating few days away in nature by the sea without having to pay a fortune. I was told about the Pittwater YHA was an incredible spot for people who love nature with the pleasure of a simplicity. So true. I love that there was no T.V. Walking down to the jetty each morning diving into the water, reading in hammocks, meeting all sorts of people from all sorts of backgrounds, was so refreshing as you could be a anyone there and people wouldn't know, as everyone was on the same level. Being in the dense national park was so stunning with visits from the wallabies was a treat. The humble yet clean environment, topped with great hosts of Michael & Sarah make you feel at home. I also appreciated that it was a sustainable environment too. We will be back

Stayed: January 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 January 2015

The location is stunning, but depending on luck with transport can 2 hours or 4 hours if travelling by public transport from Sydney CBD.
Mangers are sticklers with check out time and will not allow bags to be stored even a little while. So if you arrived much later than expected it is not that easy to go for a long walk the next morning. Given the travel time you feel hard done by and worse when told that as the hostel has been booked there is not to be any sign of other guests in the vicinity.
Hostel advertised as offering basic accommodation, kitchen was very good, the showers/toilets and had basins need to be cleaned better.

• Stayed: November 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank chillin335
Reviewed 15 September 2014

I was determined to return after visiting the hostel on a day trip via the ferry from Church Point. Michael and Sarah are lovely hosts and so dedicated to the work of the YHA and bush regeneration. I met a great group of like-minded people at a bush regeneration weekend; enjoyed the wonderful view of Pittwater from the building; relaxed in the hammocks; and went kayaking and swimming in Morning Bay. It was also fantastic to be there for the YHA's 75th anniversary.

• Stayed: September 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 1 June 2014

My very energetic 7 and 4 year olds beg to go back to the YHA Pittwater. We've just returned from our second weekend and we are thinking about booking again. Why? From the moment our city kids hit the trail from the ferry up to the hostel, they are engaged with nature and each other. We always book with friends and the kids get such a kick out of building a cubby, swimming, sitting around the fire (thanks Sarah), running after the soldier crabs, watching the wallabies and one wee joey and so much more. They even enjoyed the hike up the mountain to the look out. I won't go on about the wonderful view as that is more then covered in other reviews. What I will say is how good this place is for our city kids. In a world that is increasingly concerned with the individual, our children get to meet people from other countries and learn to respect those around them. They are expected to move away from the sleeping area before 8am and asked not to scream and run in the main building. I have loud energetic kids, so did our friends but they all understood and with a few gentle reminders, thorougly got on with enjoying themselves. My 4yo son loves talking to people from all over the world and discussing various topics with Michael. This place is truly fantastic for families and only an hour from Sydney, I can't recommend it highly enough.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank SueHammer
Reviewed 5 April 2014

We were hosted by a local family, so did not have to pay. The hostel was very basic. No locks on doors, foam mattresses, no bedside tables, one powerpoint in the room, no WiFi, thin walls, so could hear the person snoring in the next room, and people going to the bathroom. Having said that, it was VERY quiet otherwise, so I slept very soundly. View is beautiful, kitchen well equipped and clean, eating areas were spacious and clean. Bedrooms were not so clean with thick dust under the bed and rolls of hair/dust blowing around. Bathrooms were clean. Bedrooms had very little outside light (small windows) and curtains were not blockout. Sunscreen, insect screens and insect repellent provided. I returned covered (approx 80) bush ticks, and my husband had another 20 or so. Still scratching a month later - as though something is lodged in my skin. Wallabies pop in, as do king parrots, magpies and lots of other bird life. A nice place to be after you treck 15 mins UPHILL, but basic.

Room Tip: Higher numbers are further away from the bathroom.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Alpaca35
YHA_Backpacker, Public Relations Manager at Pittwater YHA, responded to this reviewResponded 7 April 2014

Hi Alpaca
Thanks for choosing the stay at Pittwater YHA. This is promoted as a simple hostel in a stunning location and there is detailed information available on the location and access walk to the property on our website to help people to find it. The main building is an historic building with light and aspect accordingly. As you highlighted it is a getaway from it all location with lots of wildlife but it is also shared budget accommodation. Due to YHA's not for profit status and mission of helping people travel, we strive to keep this property available for guests in a unique spot.