“Fun supper club”

The Right Spice
Ranked #10 of 64 Restaurants in Peru
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 23 April 2017

I heard a great show on NPR about supper clubs in the Midwest, so I was really happy to have the opportunity to try one. Not sure if this is the quintessential version of a supper club - but what I gather is that it should serve liquor, have music and a good salad bar with house made salads.

I was there too early for the music - but the salad bar was great. Not a west coast style of salad bar (with lots of veggies and sprouts) - this was the midwest style with pea salad made with plenty of mayo, a lightly dresses noodle salad with with tomatoes and cucumbers (nice texture and refreshing taste), coleslaw, potato salad, macaroni salad, pickled beets and more. And - the salad bar was constantly refreshed and kept spotlessly clean. There was some iceberg lettuce and lots of dressings - but for my husband - the pea salad was a taste of boyhood.

Speaking of tastes that take you home - he had the onion rings which reminded him strongly of the ones his aunt used to make (and people came from miles around for her onion rings!). We had the fried chicken (there are a lot of fried choices here) - it was perfectly cooked. Done but moist with a great chicken flavor. Breading had great crunch and taste, not strongly spiced.

The dining room was dark and quiet enough for a conversation and the bar was well lit and people were talking and having a great time. So, you can be sedate or a little rowdy here - your choice!

1  Thank Rita B
Right S, Owner at The Right Spice, responded to this reviewResponded 24 April 2017

Thanks for the review... we appreciate all input good and bad... thanks for visiting us
George

Reviewed 27 December 2016 via mobile

My family and I've been coming here forever. The food is always great and so is the service. We love the place so much that we had them cater our recent wedding. Everyone is still talking about how great it was. Deanna and her team are awesome.

Reviewed 11 December 2016

Tried the Prime Rib this time and it was Excellent! The wife got the broiled cod and she said it was very good. Our friends got the Surf and Turf and Ribeye Steak. The wait staff was very friendly and prompt.

Reviewed 2 November 2016

I stop one night for drinks. They were well made and reasonable. The people at the bar were very friendly. Everyone said the food was great. My next visit will be for dinner.

Reviewed 13 September 2016

Dee and her entire staff are just the best! The food is always delish, the beer ice cold and I recommend the Chicken or Steak Oscar. I get cravings for it! The best part is that you can go here to catch a Sunday game, have a small dinner for 2 or go with a large group! Oh, and they also have party buses that you can rent!

Been to The Right Spice? Share your experiences!