“Decent German Food”

Cuisines: German
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 25 December 2017

I have lived in Peoria for almost 11 years. I have wanted to eat at the Hofbrau, for a long time. So for my birthday, we came here. The meal was good, service very good. We had the sausage appetizer, which for $10 is very overpriced. It should be $5. Sausage was tasty but not worth $10. We both had the house salad. Which as a presentation didn't look very tasty, but actually it was a very good salad. We did the house vinaigrette and bleu cheese crumbles. I had the Weiner Schnitzel which needed to be more browned. It also was pork, which Wiener Schnitzel is supposed to be veal. I had the 2 cutlet plate which was filling, but just ok. My companion had the Rouladen which was much better. It had 2 meat rolls and and a really nice gravy. I don't particularly care the pickle in Rouladen, but that is my personal taste. One can remove the pickle. Either way, pickle or no pickle, the Rouladen was tasty. We did not have dessert. The on tap beer and bottled is very large.

We would go back as there is not much competition in the German restaurants in Peoria. But, I would try another dish.

Reviewed 2 December 2017

The best German food we have found in Central Illinois. The interesting interior design makes you feel like you are in Germany. A varied menu of German and a few American favorites to meet the tastes of everyone. The friendly attentive staff will gladly help with your specialty beer, drink or menu selection. Been there for lunch and dinner. One of our favorites.

Reviewed 30 November 2017

If you want German food this is the place. The food here is very good and the service is always excellent. Lunch and dinner menu are different not sure if you can get lunch menu at night either way the food is very good and German.

Reviewed 10 November 2017

My friends and my husband and I visit the Hofbrau after the German Fest in downtown Peoria. What a great little place. The atmosphere is charming and the food is always great. I particularly like the ham shank dinner....YUM....Have never been disappointed here. The servers are always very friendly. Give it a go if you have never been and like German food.

Reviewed 10 November 2017

Ham shanks and spetzel off the hook would be nice to be away from the bar however the food makes up for thr distraction

Been to Hofbrau? Share your experiences!