“Dinner & Friends”

Cuisines: German
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 23 June 2017 via mobile

We are Florida residents that traveled to Peoria to visit winter friends from Florida who are summer residents in Peoria. They invited us to dinner at the Hofbrau. It is a delicious slice of German hospitality and cuisine in middle America. We ate pork chops, Jaeger schnitzel, barbecued ribs, red cabbage, spaetzel and drank a light German beer with slices of lemon. The schnitzel was flavorful, tender and light. The red cabbage was slightly sweet and fresh. The spaetzel was fluffy and buttery. The beer was flavorful but light. The server allowed us to stay as long as it took for us to "catch up" with our friends. Great evening out.

Reviewed 14 June 2017

I've always loved the Hofbrau mostly because it is so authentically German. It's NOT the typical corporate place that's sterile, uninteresting, and predictable. At the Hofbrau, you can get real German beers on tap, and real German food cooked well. The staff has always been warm and friendly ever since I have been going there about once a year (I'm from two hours away, but I never miss the Hofbrau when I'm in the area). Too bad they can't open another one in the Quad Cities - I'd be there every day.

Reviewed 5 June 2017 via mobile

I love this restaurant! It never disappoints. The schnitzel is delicious. The employees are awesome, and the place is full of character. If you go at lunch the homemade soups are wonderful!

Reviewed 29 May 2017 via mobile

We enjoyed the ambience and the German atmosphere. We had the paprika schnitzel (so-so); jager schnitzel (so-so), mussels, pretty good; wurst plate, pretty good; and, their large selection of German beers. Service was good.

Reviewed 23 May 2017

The Hofbrau...what can I say, it's a Peoria institution. If it's decor and a fine dining experience you're after, go elsewhere. If you want to get treated to genuine German fare for a reasonable price and have a selection of craft and import beers that would rival anyplace, you won't be disappointed. Even folks who don't think they like German cuisine will probably like it...This is a nice change of pace when you've had the same 'ol same 'ol over and over and want to try to expand the pallet a bit...and beware, they serve GoldSchlager liquor, and it will set you free....

Been to Hofbrau? Share your experiences!