“German food”
Review of Schnell's Brauhaus

Schnell's Brauhaus
Ranked #62 of 151 Restaurants in Palatine
Reviewed 18 May 2017

try the specials on the board. wheat Beer too
we met the chef as they were opening- Nice guy

try fri or sat

Reviewed 5 March 2017 via mobile

We wandered in while we had a break before a hockey game and found a charming, warm and inviting,not to mention clean and friendly German style pub. We sat at the bar and had beers and a couple of appetizers in the hour we had to spare. (Wish we could have stayed longer)
Tasty giant pretzel and stuffed mushrooms.
I'd definitely return if in the area!

Reviewed 27 February 2017

My wife and I love going to Schnell's Brauhaus for their schnitzel sandwich. They have both chicken and pork and I have had both. The chicken schnitzel sandwich is fabulous and melts in your moth. I like to get it with the German potato salad, $1 up-charge, but worth it. The pork schnitzel is also good and they typically give you two patties, but the chicken is more tender and our favorite.

Reviewed 14 February 2017

We visited on a Saturday evening and were delighted with the open atmosphere, large selection of specialty beers each served in its own unique glassware, and very generous portions. Started out with the huge pretzel and some authentic cheese curds and went on to enjoy 3 choices of schnitzel as well as cedar plank salmon. The red cabbage was outstanding. Too full to try the desserts.

Reviewed 29 December 2016 via mobile

I've been on an international kick this week. So I told my wife, let's do German food. I didn't want to go anywhere far from home, so I found this place. It was more of a bar that serves food rather than a restaurant that serves liquor. The service was slow and the restaurant had only 1 bartender/waitress in the whole place. She was very friendly and attentive and I felt bad for her because she appeared a bit overwhelmed. The food was ok at best. It's safe to say I won't be back.