“Great Schnitzel sandwich!”
Review of Schnell's Brauhaus

Schnell's Brauhaus
Ranked #43 of 154 Restaurants in Palatine
Reviewed 27 February 2017

My wife and I love going to Schnell's Brauhaus for their schnitzel sandwich. They have both chicken and pork and I have had both. The chicken schnitzel sandwich is fabulous and melts in your moth. I like to get it with the German potato salad, $1 up-charge, but worth it. The pork schnitzel is also good and they typically give you two patties, but the chicken is more tender and our favorite.

Reviewed 14 February 2017

We visited on a Saturday evening and were delighted with the open atmosphere, large selection of specialty beers each served in its own unique glassware, and very generous portions. Started out with the huge pretzel and some authentic cheese curds and went on to enjoy 3 choices of schnitzel as well as cedar plank salmon. The red cabbage was outstanding. Too full to try the desserts.

Reviewed 29 December 2016 via mobile

I've been on an international kick this week. So I told my wife, let's do German food. I didn't want to go anywhere far from home, so I found this place. It was more of a bar that serves food rather than a restaurant that serves liquor. The service was slow and the restaurant had only 1 bartender/waitress in the whole place. She was very friendly and attentive and I felt bad for her because she appeared a bit overwhelmed. The food was ok at best. It's safe to say I won't be back.

Reviewed 20 November 2016

Been a couple times- first just for drinks. Went for dinner and was pleasantly surprised- not a big German food fan. The Schnitzel was very good- not greasy - yum. The pretzel and sauce is a great app- plenty for 2.

Reviewed 26 July 2016

Good choice of beers. Yummy German food. Under new management (used to be Bauer's). Waitstaff is the same, which was great.