All reviews sausage stay there again clean rooms waffles starved rock bed and pillows staff was friendly and helpful air conditioning one night stay breakfast room nice breakfast night's sleep great place to stay waffle maker very nice hotel non smoking excellent stay
Reviewed 24 September 2018

I was greeted by the friendly front desk woman. She was extremely helpful and friendly. The beds were comfortable and the rooms clean. The breakfast included waffles and sausage along with usual cereal, breads, fruits and yogurt. I will be back to Ottawa and won't hesitate to stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Karen Z, General Manager at Super 8 by Wyndham Ottawa Starved Rock, responded to this reviewResponded 27 September 2018

I want to Thank you for writing a review concerning overnight stay with us at the Super 8 of Ottawa, Illinois. I will check my records to see which one of my desk attendants checked you in and acknowldege her helpfulness and her friendly behavior. I will share your review with my enitre staff. we look forward to your next reservation.

Reviewed 3 September 2018

Needed to stop for the night so we Googled area hotels Took a chance on Super 8 and we were pleasantly surprised Front desk clerk (Judy) was very accommodating and held a room for us Loved the clean and beautifully decorated room The bed and pillows were so very comfortable Very clean and everything we needed in the room! Thank you to the entire staff!

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed 21 August 2018

I needed to book 10 rooms for an event in Ottawa, IL. Our "go-to" hotel? Yep. You guessed it; Super 8! The thing is, we needed 10 rooms and then 9 and then 12 and then 8. Each step of the way, the staff at Super 8 worked with us, made the changes, and was nothing short of fantastic. It's not Super 8. It's truly Super Amazing 8! If you and your company need quality housing with professional and kind service, then this is the place for you and your team. Whether your in town for a day, a week, or a month, I strongly suggest you stay with Colleen and her team at The Super Amazing 8!

A.J. Johnson
-Director of Public Relations & Events
-Skydive Chicago

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled on business
Colleen b, Front Office Manager at Super 8 by Wyndham Ottawa Starved Rock, responded to this reviewResponded 24 August 2018

Thank you AJ, for taking the time out of your very busy day to write this Wonderful review on our Super 8 by Wyndham in Ottawa, Illinois.
As always it our pleasure to help out Skydive Chicago in anyway that we possibly can. I was extremely pleased to hear that all of your Skydiving Guests enjoyed their stays as much as we did having them. What a Great Bunch! Congratulations are in order I heard on those world record setters who were so proud and smiling ear to ear. The GM Karen and I, again would like to thank you, Rook and Skydive Chicago for making us your go-to hotel and we look forward to serving you in the future for all of your lodging needs.By the way we think you guys are AMAZING TOO!

Reviewed 11 August 2018

after driving 10 hrs...it was nice to stop at a nice clean and friendly place to go to sleep. Karen was very sweet and helpful in suggesting a restaurant, which gave us 10% off because we were staying at the Super 8. BTW...it was the 2nd time we were at this one..back in 2012 we were driving cross country.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ladibug888
Karen Z, General Manager at Super 8 by Wyndham Ottawa Starved Rock, responded to this reviewResponded 20 September 2018

I want to Thank you for taking the time out of your busy schedule to write a review. I am so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. We love repeat guest and it is always nice to hear that we still keeping up our standards. We want all new customers and repeat guest as yourself to enjoy their over night stays with us. I hope we see you again. For your next reservation please call us directly at 815-434-2888.

Reviewed 10 August 2018

Had to carry bags to second floor. Although clean breakfast was boring. No eggs or biscuits and gravy. Room was clean. Oelwein has nothing. A dead town. When we left towards me Illinois we drove 117 miles to find a breakfast place.

Stayed: July 2018
Karen Z, General Manager at Super 8 by Wyndham Ottawa Starved Rock, responded to this reviewResponded 10 August 2018

Well I am sorry to say that this review isn't for our Area. This is the Super 8 Starved Area Ottawa, Illinois. Our property does have an elevator. And you could drive one block and find at least 4 restaurants for breakfast.