“Local treasure”

Esther's Suenos
Ranked #26 of 98 Restaurants in Ottawa
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 23 August 2017 via mobile

It's like walking into your grandma's kitchen. Esther makes everything fresh to order. Stop in every Friday for her dollar tacos. Try her salsa if you like it on the spicy side. Her enchiladas are great. Her tamales are so good another restaurant in town had them on their menu as their own. She is starting to do some catering as well. I so want a taco bar at my next gathering. ...

Reviewed 28 April 2017

Who would think you’d find the best carnitas tacos in MN? As a taco scout across America, especially the trucks in California, I was delighted to taste Ester’s - so good I ordered another.

Reviewed 14 March 2017 via mobile

Esther's is the most authentic food you will ever get! She makes everything fresh start to finish all while you wait!

Reviewed 5 September 2016

Esther makes everything from scratch every day in this little kitchen. The food is authentic and delicious. It's the best Mexican in the area!

Reviewed 8 June 2015

We were looking for something different while in Ottawa and my mobile Trip Advisor app pointed us to Esther's. Thanks to all my fellow reviewers for spreading the word.
My husband and I love to find out of the way places and meet the owner's and staff and this fit both bills perfectly. As other reviewers have said, Esther makes authentic Mexican fair in her commercial kitchen shared with the local Food Pantry. It is really hard to find but my best suggestion is find Herman's Package Liquor, park, go in and buy a cold beer to take with you to Ester's and ask for directions. If you don't need a beer the staff in Herman's won't mind if you just ask where to find Ester. She is right next door and is working on better signage but for right now she is well hidden.
As for our experience, we visited after the lunch crowd and Ester was sitting outside taking a break. She was happy to go back in and cook us lunch and then came outside with us and talked about the business and family. The food was cheap and good but the experience was priceless!

Been to Esther's Suenos? Share your experiences!