“NIce Spot in Ottawa”

The Row House
Price range: USD 3 - USD 20
Cuisines: American
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Great martini's...Fabulous food...Good friends. Tracy's Rowhouse is celebrating its 10th anniversary in August. Small and intimate, like visiting an old Chicago hangout. 100 Different types of martini's, trendy yet comforting food to feed the soul, and smiling friendly staff. Outdoor patio, dog friendly.
Reviewed 3 December 2016

We have stayed in Ottawa several times in the past while visiting family just to the north and had driven past The Row House. We thought, "we need to stop in here on one of our visits" because it looked like a nice quaint type of place. Well, we were in town for Thanksgiving and decided to try it on the Wednesday before, We met another couple and arrived around 6:30 PM. We entered and were told we could sit wherever we wanted and we selected a table toward the front. The bar area was quite crowded and the crowd appeared to regulars and were having a good time. The guy who greeted us was the bartender/host/server; the only employee on the floor. There were not many diners; mostly drinkers at the bar and he did as good as could be expected for being by himself but the service could have been much better with one additional server. My wife and I each ordered Kettle One martinis and they were well made. I had the Surfs Up Wrap, which was not bad but, the flavor was a bit odd. Normally, I would think that chicken, bacon, avocado and smoked gouda would all blend well but it did not, in this case. My wife had the Baja Fish Tacos. She said they were lacking in flavor and that the fish was dry and over cooked. I do like the vibe of this place; old house, quaint patio and cozy atmosphere, and the martinis were good but, the food was lacking and the service could use some upgrading. I would consider going back for cocktails but, I think I would go elsewhere for food.

1  Thank cincytripper

Reviewed 12 September 2016

We were in Ottawa over Labor Day Weekend enjoying a wonderful bike ride on the I & M trail. I love Ottawa now! So quaint and felt like we were stepping back in time. After the ride, we were looking to sit outside and enjoy drinks & appetizers. The Row House is a beautiful little boutique type restaurant which had a charming courtyard. The appetizers tasted so gourmet and delicious that we told the waitress we couldn't wait to come back for dinner sometime. Felt like an upscale Key West-type place and the waitress was awesome. Everyone who walked by was super friendly too. We will be back! (Peaked inside and that was really cool too)

Reviewed 8 September 2016

I give this place a five for the martini selection, taste and value for happy hour. We did not eat but I can say the service is somewhat slow. As long as your not in a hurry, stop for a cocktail.

Reviewed 25 August 2016 via mobile

I like having a beverage or two here, relaxed and just a nice place to chat with someone. Martinis are good, the apps r good too. I would only go here with a friend or two, any more than that would be hard to find seating.

Reviewed 25 August 2016 via mobile

Fresh brews. Great grub. Nice staff. Very Slow service, even to get a beer. Would go back, and sit at the bar