“good enough”

Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Oswego
IL
“good enough”
Reviewed 17 November 2011

It's probably cleaner than most Holiday Inn's I have stayed at, large rooms, but I wish I could see the TV from the desk where I'm working. There is a movie theater nearby, but no restaurants you can walk to. My only complaint would be the noise coming from above- there is either an elephant in the room directly above, or the floors/ceilings are very thin, because it's loud.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled on business
travelguru75, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Chicago-Oswego, responded to this review, 19 November 2011
Thank you for your review! We hope we get the chance to have you as our guest again soon and please let us know about this experience and we will make sure we put you on the top floor to minimize the noise.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Green Bay, Wisconsin
Reviewed 16 November 2011

We were in the area for just one night and wanted something economical near the hospital where were visiting our new grandson. We found this Holiday Inn Express to be just the thing.

We were warmly greeted and promptly helped to a very nice double room. We didn't have reservations so were happy they could accommodate us.

There were fresh cookies and coffee waiting in the lobby. The room was spacious and clean with a vanity and sink outside the bathroom where the shower and toilet were. Breakfast was served in the morning and had some hot options available.

Cost was $119.00 per night (pretty average for a decent hotel in that area). Friendly staff...clean rooms...convenient location. Would stay there again in a heartbeat.

• Stayed October 2011
Congratulations on the birth of your grandson! Glad to hear you enjoyed your stay with us! Hope to see you again soon when you are back in town for a visit!
Atlanta, Georgia, United States
Reviewed 11 November 2011

I hosted my 4th Women at the Cross Conference 10-28 thru 10/29/2011 at this facility. The staff was exceptionally pleasant and helpful. Excellent customer service which is hard to find in this day and time. I really commend the staff for all of their assistant to me and my guest. The guest that reserved rooms were very impressed of the cleanliness of the room and the excellent costumer service. I was expressed with the conference room and the help that the donated by the staff. I will host my 2012 conference here everyone wanted to come back to this particular hotel. Word of mouth makes a business or destroy this word of mouth will make the business. We will be reserving more room in 2012...See you in September. God Bless and once again thanks

• Stayed October 2011, travelled on business
Thank you for the great review! It was our pleasure making sure that everything went well for your conference. Can't wait to do it all again next year! Look forward to seeing you in September!
Schaumburg, Illinois
Reviewed 3 November 2011

I've stayed here a few times in the past and have had slow internet in the past so it's a money thing. lower price lower bandwidth.
I stay here when I DO NOT have to use the Net for work or planning my next day. even trying to book a flight is a chore.
as for everything else, the other reviews point it out very well. the staff are friendly and even the one that wasn't from a passed visit after letting management know, she changed her attitude. so management does seem to care.
it is strange that my room had and extremely loud bathroom fan as well. as for the smell of smoke in the elevator it comes from the smokers outside. when they go back to their room the smell on their cloths will permeate the elevator. stand next to one and you'll understand

• Stayed November 2011, travelled on business
Thank you for your review and feedback. Next time you are back in the area, please let us know and can try to have our IT person on site to help diagnose the problem with the internet.
Suamico, Wisconsin
Reviewed 1 November 2011

Quickly needed a place to stay after our son and his wife had their first child. This hotel was close to the hospital and priced okay for the area. The room was clean, then bed comfortable and it was quiet for my wife and me. The staff was very friendly and that is why I made it 4 stars rather than 3 to put it above average. The morening breakfast was typical of the included variety although you could make pancakes if you wanted to. If we are staying in the area in the future we would choose this one again.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
Thank you for your review and congratulations on the birth of your grandchild. We look forward to your next visit when you are back in the area.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Oswego
1.6 km away
9.0 km away
Quality Inn
Quality Inn
#6 of 8 in Aurora

Been to Holiday Inn Express Chicago-Oswego? Share your experiences!