“Beautiful Asian Fusion Cuisine”
Review of Q Restaurant

Q Restaurant
Ranked #26 of 232 Restaurants in Orland Park
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 7 December 2014

This restaurant is absolutely FABULOUS. We have gone there so many times it's ridiculous! And every time we go we try to have something new off the menu. I can honestly say we have never been disappointed. The chef/owner-who is surprisingly young- is extremely talented and creative with the menu. The flavors all work together beautifully. Her even younger sister/owner-is an amazing bartender. She is absolutely a chemist when it comes to drink mixing. The martini menu is extensive and not like any other you have ever seen. These are fun martini's-not the ones that knock you on your keester after two! The green tea and Lychee are 2 of my favorites. There is a large list of other specialty cocktails as well.
They also have a nice wine selection should you choose to go that way. For food I love the Sea Bass and the ribs, but everything is amazing. For appetizers I recommend them all! The daily specials are delicious too. Be adventurous when you are here! On Fridays there is live music. Last week was a guitarist paired with a violinist. Was beautiful and perfect for the lovely atmosphere of the restaurant. It is a perfect place for a date night or night out with friends. I have teenage children that we have brought and they loved it. Not sure I would bring very young children here with the exception of lunch or a Sunday. One more important thing to say, if you are gluten and/or dairy free-this place is a goldmine for you. The menu is loaded with naturally gluten and dairy free meals. Not stripped down food to accommodate, it's the same gourmet selections anyone else would be ordering! Love it - Love it.
I highly, highly recommend trying this place out. I can't say enough about it. I would enjoy it before these sisters are snapped up and brought downtown Chicago, because that is the type of food this is!

13  Thank CherylhHomerGlen_IL

Reviewed 6 December 2014

The rooms are well appointed, with interesting visuals to include original art for purchase. Sadly, the place was completely empty, but it was early. The wine selections are varied with some great choices. Specialty drinks abound.
The menu was also varied with a Thai basis. But there were non-Asian choices to include steak. We shared the seared tuna appetizer which tasted fine but it wasn't visually appealing. I had a cashew lamb and it was excellent. My wife had tuna entree, also delicious.
Things were on the pricey side for the south side (2 wines, one appetizer and two entrees=$100), but this restaurant breathes some fresh life into an otherwise culinary wasteland. I'd like to try it again.

6  Thank FrankieFile
Reviewed 11 November 2014

A wonderful break from the usual Asian food. A fusion Vietnamese cuisine. Everything that the 4 people in our party had was exceptional from appetizers to entrees. The wasabi mashed sweet potatoes were an amazing experience.

Good variety of food for everyone and a good selection of specialty alcoholic beverages.

12  Thank denali13
Reviewed 31 October 2014

The restaurant was very nicely appointed. The service was good. The food was excellent. However the prices were steep for the type of cuisine presented.

1  Thank MRIGuy99
Reviewed 13 October 2014

I went there for lunch and you couldn't tell if the restaurant was open or closed. No one was there.
We were finally greeted by a server that looked like he was sleeping in the back.
Food was bland, nothing memorable. Wait, yes! The pad Thai was memorable, I got to eat 3 bites when I realized that something was not right in the dish. I got heartburn and couldn't stop belching that distinctive flavor for a day.
I will not come back.