All reviews busy road awesome location hot breakfast lounge area a couple times yogurt stay there again downtown chicago stayed nights staff was friendly room suite the general manager indoor pool free breakfast great customer service the sofa bed clean rooms
Reviewed 30 March 2018 via mobile

Comfort Suites Oakbrook Terrace Chicago
Mar 27 - Mar 28
Real-time Feedback

Check-in
Staff
Lobby
Quick

If there were a list for me to check off it’d look a little like this:
Clean Room....check
Clean Bathroom....check
Nice Bed...check (I love the duvet!!!)
Great amenities....check
Spacious....check
Quiet....check
Friendly staff.....check

So, where do I start??? I was so satisfied with my stay here. The staff was so kind at the front desk. I even got a courtesy call a couple hours after check-in to see if I needed anything. The room was really nice. I stayed there with my 9 year old and 1 year old. I loved the separate living room. It was just enough space for my little one to have room to play with toys. The beds were comfy, the bathroom was clean. I honestly can’t find anything that I’d want to change. The next morning we went down for a complimentary breakfast. I read in one review that they didn’t restock breakfast but while we were there I kept seeing the staff replenish the food and drinks. The choices were simple yet adequate. Check out wasn’t until 12pm which was another plus. This was my first time staying at a hotel with a toddler so I didn’t really know what to expect but everything and everyone were very accommodating. My boys and I were satisfied and Comfort Suites Oakbrook will definitely be our go to hotel.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 20 March 2018 via mobile

The room room was very tiny so was the couch bathroom and the toilet. The room key to the door did not work and instead of giving us a new key we had to have someone open the door each time. The wall were also paper thin and. You could hear people talking from their bedroom. The people in the hallway were also very loud and you could hear them talking in the hallways at 3:00AM. They were also doing renovations while we were there. Not a nice good experience.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
2  Thank Crystal P
ComfortSuitesOBT, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Suites Oakbrook Terrace, responded to this reviewResponded 6 April 2018

Dear Crystal P
We are terribly sorry you had a bad experience with us and hope you will revisit us again and please be assured you will have a better experience.
Kind Regards
Hotel Management

Reviewed 21 December 2017 via mobile

Very convenient to businesses and store around Oakbrook / Lombard. Bed was fine. Hotel is currently going through a major renovation so if staying there soon be prepared for that. Otherwise great quality /location for the price.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 8 November 2017

This is a nice location and the room itself was good. Noise level was a problem though- can hear so much from the people next door and above. So we turned on the fan to help block that sound and it was so loud that we could barely watch TV with it on. No way we could sleep with the fan going. Staff was friendly and breakfast was stocked.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 17 October 2017

So whenever my wife and I travel with our daughter, we get a suite. She says we snore. Who is she kidding? So we got the suite, and the room was clean, etc. The breakfast the next morning was fine, service was completely acceptable.

But when we checked in, they asked us to sign a form, stating that we would not be noisy, and that if we were, there would be an additional charge. I thought that was great, because it meant that everyone there would be quiet.

Actually, though, the hotel is almost designed to be noisy. There are open passages from the 1st to 3rd floor about every 40 feet in the hallways. They transmit sound great! If that's what you want.

Except that our next door neighbors either didn't sign, or didn't care. I tolerated it for awhile, but about 12:30 in the morning, thought I'd really like some sleep. They said they'd take care of it, but it was quite awhile before the neighbors actually got quiet. I'm thinking they probably had a bunch of people (large family) in there.

My daughter, however, loved the comfortable bed. I was on the pullout, which wasn't as comfortable. A couple of steel rods go right across the middle of the bed in a couple of places, right under a fairly thin (maybe 4") mattress. I'd brought a sleeping bag pad to put underneath, just in case. It didn't help much.

So... won't be going back.

Room Tip: Street is also noisy, you want to avoid that.
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family