“Not worth wait and cost”

Labriola Bakery Cafe and Neapolitan Pizzeria
Ranked #17 of 90 Restaurants in Oak Brook
Price range: USD 8 - USD 15
Cuisines: Pizza
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 16 December 2017

Tried to grab a few sandwiches before a movie. We timed it (or we thought we did) to arrive in between breakfast and lunch to avoid the typically long wait times. We ordered to go three very simple sandwiches off the menu; one hot and 2 cold. All we changed were the condiments! What a mistake. There was NO ONE in line @ time of ordering 25 minutes later tons of people, my order lost? forgotten? Four attempts to track and I got these glossy eyed stares. Finally being impatient and aware I might miss the start of the movie, I asked for the sandwiches or my money back. For 3 sandwiches my bill was over $40 (I think it was a huge mistake) and when we opened them the bread was not correct, the amount of "stuff" on the sandwich was blah and I think the accompanying chips etc were from days before. What a mess.

Reviewed 14 October 2017 via mobile

Love to eat here, especially for breakfast when I am in town. Delicious! I love the croissant egg sandwich with potatoes. Desserts are gorgeous and delicious. Had a brownie this trip, rich and satisfying.

Reviewed 3 October 2017 via mobile

Love this place and love the food. I understand that if you order pizza and other menu items, the 2 kitchens don't talk to one another. But maybe they should. My pizza came out super fast and was delicious. Problem was....18 minutes later my husband's grilled cheese came out. And guess what, I was done eating by then. Like I said, food tastes great, but somehow, the pizza kitchen needs to know to wait a few minutes before they make a pizza if the rest of the order is from the other kitchen.

Reviewed 19 September 2017

They have a variety of food on their menu. All the people at my work love their filet sliders. They have great gelato and a great assortment in their bakery.

Reviewed 18 September 2017

Paid $11.00 for just an Italian Sub by itself. I believe this is a little over the edge knowing you can purchase a Italian sub at Jimmy John's or Subway for much less. Ordered a French fry which was warm at best. Wife had a Turkey Burger which cost $12.00? She said it was very good but had a hard time believing it was worth that much. This place was packed, so I guess I am missing something here. Can someone enlighten me?