“Great local restaurant”

Cuisines: Deli
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 15 February 2017

Wonderful selection of food choices. Gives you deli choices like pastrami or brisket that remind you of the first deli experience. Remember to ask for a dessert especially the brownie. Before you leave check out the sweets located in the front of the restaurant.. A must if you are visiting the North Suburbs of Chicago.

Reviewed 15 February 2017

Great Jewish food and has everything except Patach (My
grandmother's favorite). Matzah ball soup is good but not so
great on Rosh Ha-Shaannah. Could because used bad catering
that day. Wonderful Jewish Deli. Makes feel like a his again,
They make bagels that are quite good I wish they would add
blueberry. If you don't enjoy your food here you are meshugana!

Reviewed 14 February 2017

This was the first time I ate at this restaurant. I had the Pastrami sandwich with a side order of fries. Both were really good....a big portion of pastrami and lots of good fries. Service was friendly and no problem getting seated (Sunday afternoon). I did not get anything, but the pastries they had there looked very good too.

Reviewed 14 February 2017

I like to share Max and Benny's with out of town guests.

I've been a fan since they were in Plaza del Prado: Willow Road and Pfingsten in Northbrook in 1990. Now they are on Waukegan Road, just north of Dundee.

My late father was thrilled to have the pastrami with liver pate (spelling?).
I prefer the breakfast plates: vegetable omlet with full size toasted bagel.

It's a big place, with a bakery and deli, too. Service has never been great but the quaility and portions, YES!

Reviewed 11 February 2017

I really like this place because it reminds me of the famous "Canters" in Los Angeles that I used to go to with my grandfather. Not quite as good but old timey feel and deli meat smells that hang in the air are like comfort food for my soul.

Upon sitting down we were presented with a basket of different types of bread. In particular we really like the parmesean crusted bagel thin. Yummy and I haven't seen these in any other bread baskets before. I ordered the matzo ball soup and a bagel with lox spread. The matzo balls were perfect. Not too hard and not too soggy. The broth had good flavor but might have been just a tad on the salty side. No veggies in the soup either. Would have been nicer with a carrot slice or two. The bagel and lox spread were fine, really nothing remarkable either way to speak about. My dining companion had the pancakes. I didn't taste them but the order came with four huge pancakes! He took half of them home with him for a second meal.