“Delicious but a little pricey”

J Alexander's Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
J Alexander's Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #6 of 128 Restaurants in Northbrook
Price range: USD 30 - USD 30
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Pointe Dr.
Reviewed 21 August 2017 via mobile

Went there on Saturday night for dinner with my wife. We made a reservation. I ate at J. Alexander's in Michigan and really liked it. It was just as good here.
We had the crab cakes and the fried shrimp. Very good. Service was fantastic.
It was a little pricey but worth it. We enjoyed it and will definitely go back. It will be more on special occasions but will be back.

Reviewed 27 July 2017

Great service & atmosphere. Excellent wines by the glass. Had the filet mignon. Would definitely dine here again.

Reviewed 18 July 2017 via mobile

This special Lynch dish is from today's manager name John.
Saw him eating and asked him what he was eating, he got up and asked me if I want the same think even that wasn't in menu.
He went in the kitchen and 10 -15 min latter he came up with the plate and delicious meal for me!
I really thank you him for what he did for me and he deserves all my 10 ⭐️.
Great service all around.
John you are one of the kind manager.
Thank you again!!!

Reviewed 27 June 2017 via mobile

Met a former colleague for a drink and dinner. Bar service was horrible and food was average and overpriced for the quality. They ran out of wine glasses and were serving wine in all types of glassware. I had a mixed drink re- served in the same glass! Place was busy but not jammed. No explanation other than poor management.

I have been going to this location for years and it has always been good. I normally would have given them a pass for a tough night, but my experience was so bad that I had to share.

Reviewed 16 June 2017 via mobile

Always like the options on the J Alexander menu. Food is consistently good and the location can't be better if you are looking for a place to eat right off the 294 Tollway. My only problem with the restaurant is the noise level. I appreciate the fact that they have tried to control it with carpeting, etc, but the tables are close together and it is too noisy. The logistics, coupled with a very noisy booth across from us ruined our dinner. So this review is more about restaurant design than food quality (which is good and varied). Service is good, not too overbearing but the right amount of customer service. If you are looking for a quiet restaurant, this isn't the place.