All reviews cinnamon rolls across the street hot tub room was clean biscuits and gravy front desk staff the breakfast area recommend this hotel beautiful hotel next morning a wonderful stay free breakfast convenient location illinois state business trip bloomington normal staff was very friendly
Reviewed 11 January 2018

We stayed at this facility for one night in late December. The room and facilities were adequate/average. Nothing special; nothing really bad; other than the room phone not working at all, and the heating system not working properly.

The big issue was a curious change in price of the in-house movies. The movies were all priced in the $7.99 to $9.99 range the night before, but oddly jumped to around $20 the next morning, and that is what we were charged on our bill.

After complaining to the clerk I was actually told that the manager said we were charged more because the movie was an hour longer than most movies! I knew that excuse was BS, so I called HIE&S to file a complaint. Soon the hotel owner called and condescendingly said, “He was sorry” that I was wrong about the movie prices, but that he would graciously refund the difference between the advertised price and the charged price… I didn’t bother arguing too much since I knew that he realized he was caught.

There were also a couple examples of hotel employee incompetence. One of these was a screw-up by the clerk who actually ADDED the movie refund to the original inflated charge for the movie, but after a couple challenges he finally figured it out.

As a business owner myself I understand how difficult it is to find competent employees, but this hotel owner seems to be comfortable with employee incompetence.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
Anthony_De_Angelis, Owner at Holiday Inn Express & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 20 September 2018

Dear Bruce
I am sorry you feel that Management sets the price of the Movies you watched. The Movie Prices are set by the company and I cannot alter the price. As a GoodWill jesture I adjusted the movies for you even though you did in fact watch the movies ! I did apologize as I do to any guest that has a concern was was not condescending as you felt. I thought you would be very happy that I adjusted you movie bill
to satisfy you as a guest. I do value your Business but felt your response was very unfair. I have never had any complaints on Movies.
Again I apologize you felt as you did when I adjusted the entire amount of your watched Movies.
Anthony De Angelis
OWNER

Reviewed 29 December 2017 via mobile

This is a very typical Holiday Inn Express. It’s a great family hotel with clean, comfortable bedding. The bathrooms were clean, the carpet was clean, and the lobby was clean. If we had any regret, it would only be that there weren’t more easily accessible outlets. But we definitely would compliment the staff. The desk clerk at check-in and the breakfast attendant were very friendly and seemed genuinely interested in helping in any way they could. Terrific midwest hospitality at an establishment that lives up to the chain’s positive reputation.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
Anthony_De_Angelis, Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 22 March 2018

Thank YOU very much for your Excellent Rating of 5 stars !
Please understand that we have the following outlets in each and every room.
2 outlets nest to the fridge on the wall.
2 outlets above the desk
2 outlets on the nightstand light stand
2 outlets on the desk lamp
Sorry you were not able to locate the outlets but we made sure when we built the hotel that we had plenty !
Thanks
Anthony De Angelis

Reviewed 22 September 2017

Right from check-in, this was a pleasant and relaxing stay. There was plenty of parking, the clerk was courteous and helpful, the check-in went quickly and my room was large, well-laid-out, clean and comfortable.
The hotel is close to a major road (Veterans' Memorial Highway) and there is nearly unlimited shopping and dining to be found there.
I was pleased with the assortment of food at breakfast and the check-out was fast.
I will definitely stay at this Holiday Inn again when I am in the area.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled solo

Thanks so much for you 5 Star response !
Out Staff will be very appreciate !

Reviewed 15 September 2017 via mobile

If you are looking for an expensive, clean and comfortable stay this is a great option. Not a lot of bells and whistles but a great location (across the street from Walmart and within walking distance to shops and restaurants). Front desk staff was quick and helpful but if you are staying on a weekend and have a maintenance issue you will be out of luck. The hair dyer did not work in our room and we could not get a replacement or it fixed. However the breakfast was good, the rooms clean and the pool area was nice.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family

Thanks you for your 4 Star Review !
Our Staff really strive to have perfectly clean rooms always !

Reviewed 22 August 2017

Eight of us stayed here while on a motorcycle trip to Sturgis. We had no issues with anything. Rooms were clean, spacious, and comfortable. We left prior to breakfast being served so can't comment on that, however, the breakfast area looked very nice. Would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with friends

Thanks for your 5 Star Review !
Glad you had a great trip to Sturgis !
Please do come back !