“Perfect place for kids prior to a movie”

Dear Franks of Niles
Ranked #96 of 163 Restaurants in Niles
Price range: USD 0 - USD 10
Cuisines: Armenian, Fast food
Reviewed 1 April 2017

We had some time to kill prior to a movie time, as the movie that we had wanted to do was sold out. We brought the four grandkids to Dear Franks and we were not disappointed. It is a small place at the far northwest edge of the Village Crossing Center. It is easily visible from Touhy Ave., as it is in a the row of strip mall store fronts that front along Touhy Ave. There is easy access in to and out of the parking lot and there is more than enough parking. The restaurant is mostly tables, but there is also a long counter with high stools along the kitchen, as you walk towards the back. We ordered four kids hot dogs which came with a small order of fries and a drink (we chose juice boxes) and a pizza puff. Surprisingly everyone finished off their food - quickly. The staff is very friendly and efficient. The prices are reasonable. A good quick place to come for a quick meal.

Reviewed 24 May 2016

My wife and I were looking for a new place to grab a quick bite to eat for lunch and happened upon Dear Frank's. It's a small place with sports on TV and sports memorabilia on the wall. There's a few booths for dining in and a large menu board over the cashier/kitchen area. I ordered a Double mushroom Swiss burger and my wife has a double cheeseburger with no fries and no drink for the grand total of...$16.68?!?!?!?! We were hoping for amazing burgers at this price but were completely disappointed. The burgers were both overcooked and dried out plus all but totally lacking in flavor. For around $7.50 you can easily get 2 much better double cheeseburgers at Dairy Queen. We will not be back.

Reviewed 13 May 2016

Ya know I'm gonna disagree the above statement. Me and my family love this little place great food especially the cheese fries and chicken sandwiches and I really do think this person just caught them on a bad day. GO DEAR FRANKS NILES

Reviewed 24 March 2014

Everything was COLD. Onion rings were burned as well. Hot dogs were UNCOOKED, I watched. Onion rings were left out for seven minutes I used my watch) and the tamale for five minutes before being bagged. When I pointed this out to the manager, he asked if I wanted a different tamale. I wanted to get home and eat while everything was still (read...never was) hot. Joke's on me!HaHa. I will never go back there again. I called and manager said to bring it back and get a new order or issue a credit. More bad food...no thanks. AVOID THIS PLACE. They are rushing and shortcutting and this is not the first disappointing meal. I gave them another chance and they managed to make it worse this go round. I would give ZERO ratings on everything if allowed.

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Reviewed 19 December 2007

Was soo a favorite as UDAWGU...still a favorite renamed DEAR FRANKS!

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook

Been to Dear Franks of Niles? Share your experiences!